• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:17 AM

Allegedly sleep is necessary for human physical and mental health.  I am currently in day 3 of an experiment on myself that I don't want to conduct.  I have always had insomnia, but 3 days is a new record for me.  I have used Ambien, Lunesta, and Sonata in the past, in addition to alcohol, Methaqualone, and Benadryl.  The prescription stuff quit working over time, Qualudes are illegal, I can't have alcohol due to health issues, and the 50 mg Benadryl I took 4 hours ago hasn't helped.  If the wife hadn't left for church I would ask her to hit me with a baseball bat.  I have a minor psychotic episode coming up in 5...4...3...2...

:out:

#2 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:27 AM

I finally passed out a couple of hours after writing that.  I was awake again about 4 hours later.  I may have to try a more reliable sleep aid (i.e. 9mm). :eek:

#3 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:34 AM

Speaking of 9mm ammo (9x19mm), I stumbled across this oddball armor piercing Russian round (9x39mm).

250px-SR-3_%28539-14%29.jpg

https://en.wikipedia...org/wiki/9×39mm

The 9x39mm round uses an AK-47 (7.62x39mm) shell casing with an expanded neck.

Edited by fahrquad, 12 February 2019 - 12:39 AM.

#4 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:56 PM

I sold my .40 semi-auto and my .38 double derringer several years ago after the wife's 2 year old nephew accidentally shot himself, and she was too afraid of guns to have them in the house.  With all of the home invasions in the news, and the fact that I am at home 24/7 these days, I am thinking about buying a little 9mm and not telling her.  Also having a gun store and indoor shooting range just up the street makes me think about buying.  Maybe I need to login to a different forum... :frown:

#5 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:47 PM

I finally passed out a couple of hours after writing that.  I was awake again about 4 hours later.  I may have to try a more reliable sleep aid (i.e. 9mm). :eek:

I am wondering if this particular round of insomnia has been caused by quitting smoking (see Addiction Thread).

Edited by fahrquad, 19 February 2019 - 08:48 PM.

#6 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Understanding

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:42 AM

The 9mm should fix the insomnia permanently. A tranquilizer bullet might be safer, it should cause less damage. and mess for your wife to clean up. She could even administer the tranquilizer as when either you or she felt like you needed to sleep. :) 

#7 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 AM

I did finally pass out for a few hours.  I could always try the Benzodiazepines (Valium, Zoloft, etc...) and the Nonbenzodiaepines that haven't already failed (Ambien, Lunesta, and Sonata do nothing).  Unfortunately, I will eventually develop a resistance to whatever the doctors prescribe.  The sound of my wife snoring like a warthog down the hall while I am wide awake at 4:00am is really annoying.

https://en.wikipedia.../Benzodiazepine

https://en.wikipedia...nbenzodiazepine

Edited by fahrquad, Yesterday, 08:15 AM.

#8 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Understanding

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:28 AM

If you can knock an elephant out with a tranquilizer dart, it should work on you, try a reduced the dosage first. https://en.wikipedia...anquillizer_gun There are quite a few drugs used in tranquilizer darts, some might have the same effect as your 9mm. 

https://www.gettyima...raphy/578177503

#9 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:29 AM

I have an air rifle that I use to shoot .177 pellets at squirrels, so no darts.  Anyhow all of those drugs are heavily regulated, so I am back to a baseball bat.

Several immobilizing drugs have been devised for use in tranquillizer darts.[6] These include:

I do have a buttload of 1ml. 6mm x 31gauge syringes in the kitchen though.  Just nothing to put in them besides insulin.

Edited by fahrquad, Yesterday, 10:33 AM.

#10 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Understanding

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Perhaps you could ask your wife to give progressively harder blows on the head with a mallet until she finds the right amount of force to knock you out. 

Bed time darling, you might be too traumatized to sleep. :)

#11 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 PM

...The sound of my wife snoring like a warthog down the hall while I am wide awake at 4:00am is really annoying.

Before anyone gets upset with the video, I am just trying to demonstrate what the wife's snoring is like.   My petite flower looks nothing like the picture... her tusks are way shorter.  Bah-dum-bah  :drummer:

Edited by fahrquad, Yesterday, 08:01 PM.

#12 fahrquad

fahrquad

Explaining

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

Perhaps you could ask your wife to give progressively harder blows on the head with a mallet until she finds the right amount of force to knock you out. 

Bed time darling, you might be too traumatized to sleep. :)

Funny you should mention a mallet.  I have an orange polyurethane mallet full of lead shot a few feet away that I was using to assemble furniture.  It shouldn't leave any permanent marks.

#13 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Understanding

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted Today, 02:34 AM

Funny you should mention a mallet.  I have an orange polyurethane mallet full of lead shot a few feet away that I was using to assemble furniture.  It shouldn't leave any permanent marks.

I was thinking of health and safety, a rubber mallet would be better than a metal hammer dont you think. Perhaps take a pain killer first. You might not feel so much pain as she gets the swing on the mallet adjusted. Tell her to avoid thin parts of the skull, and perhaps aim around the hair line so the bruises and lumps dont show. Assuming she can aim ok, everything might go well,. If it doesnt work, have more pain killers ready, or tell her to swing harder. If her aim isnt very good ask her to keep her eyes open whilst swinging the hammer, it improves the aim. If she does manage to knock you out, ask her to check your pulse to make sure she hasnt killed you. Maybe you should write her a letter and sign it, stating you had asked her to do this to aid with sleep. It might help in the event the police get the wrong idea and assume she killed you deliberately. 

Good Luck

PS Have you tried avoiding sugars or taking any stimulants like caffeine a few hours before you try and sleep. Adjusting your diet may be a safer way of getting to sleep, if you need it. Not everyone needs a lot of sleep, some need only 3 or 4  hours a night. I can manage quite happily on 4 hours when sailing, some people can do less, Single handed sailors maintain a watch via cat napping and suffer no ill health. ie Not everyone needs a full 8 hours sleep.