Science Forums

An Examination Of Trump.

montgomery

Monty. fix that post yourself. Don't put your words in my quote. Thank you in advance.

Interesting news

Ezra Levant??

Well, he's making my points for me on the evil of Trump, for a start.

But the thrust of your point seems to be criticism of Trudeau not mentioning the actions Trump has taken against Canada. I'll address that in a way that I think will address your issue, albeit we'll be wandering off topic again.

Trudeau in my opinion, is quite a bit left of his party I submit. Take that for what it's worth to you.

Trudeau hasn't just knuckled under to the US on this issue, if in fact he hasn't mentioned Ezra's isssue. He's capitulated too on the Venequela issue in which the US is apparently determined to interfere militarily in Venezuela, thus it becoming it's 41st. war of aggression since WW2.

Tell me Gahd, what would the Conservatives do? I suggest, the same and more. They would be volunteering Canada's troops to go and help to kill the Venezuelan people and to overthrow the people's choice of government. 

I can't deal with all your attempts to start different and new topics when you introduce them on this thread. If you want to do that then start an appropriate thread.

Which post again is it that you want fixed?

Gahd, I spend about 15 minutes reading Bloom and I decided that I didn't have the time to hear it right through. So I searched for and found the following link in order to get a quick understanding of what he's on about.

I'd never heard of Bloom before, but he seems to agree with the comments I made earlier about empathy regarding tribalism and antipathy.  Or, you could say I agree with him.

His basic point is simply that empathy is not a good "moral" guide.

This clip, while brief, makes perfect sense to me.  What's the objection?

Edited by Moronium

I dunno. This kinda thing seems to be the standard. http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries

Thank you for fixing it. That kind of thing causes many problems with the reply button, and other forum views. It's also hard to seperate who said what for anyone following the topic. Annoying. Thanks again.

Post I made above this with TRM video on youtube lists a few reasons why, actually. Now you use the word "evil" without any valid reasoning for it. How is he evil? I think I made the same kind of question waaay back on page 1 with claims that he's "racist." Proof for it, or are you blowing smoke cause you're jelous?

A quick look at the HDI shows it's at least partially in sync with the happiness index.

Canada 11th.

Denmark 12th.

US 13th.

But I tend to favour the happiness index because it's not so much related to the wealth of the country and it's ability to provide for the people. Also, the US was 'developed' to a large degree before it began to sink on it's standard of living for the people. Maybe we can examine the factors that go into determining HDI in order to ascertain it's being applicable. 

To your question on how Trump is evil: I think we've already discussed that but I can again refer to his attempts and apparent success on demonizing minorities and promoting racism, as is akin to Hitler's methods with the Jews. This is perhaps the best parallel to draw with his obvious psychopathic behaviour and his obvious narcissism. 

The definition we saw of narcissism was starkly indicative of Trump's behaviour! 

Well, he's making my points for me on the evil of Trump, for a start....

I'm curious which ones are evil?

I was saying him keeping his campaign promises and fixing his country's economic issues are the reasons I think he's a good leader. Why I'm a "supporter" as you put it.

I can't deal with all your attempts to start different and new topics when you introduce them on this thread. If you want to do that then start an appropriate thread.

Which post again is it that you want fixed?

Thaaaat's fuuuny. I guess pointing out that thing like happiness aren't indicators of prosperity, and that the UN has a development index for it is starting a new topic. LOL

You already fixed the post. I thanked you for it. It was this one. It's all good now.

Tell me Gahd, what would the Conservatives do? I suggest, the same and more. They would be volunteering Canada's troops to go and help to kill the Venezuelan people and to overthrow the people's choice of government.

DUno, probably like harper did, but tht's not the reason I put the video here.

It's a great example of Trump keeping his word, and doing what right in a rational way. It wasn't directed at you, but I'm gonna point out that's hardly "evil."

I'd never heard of Bloom before, but he seems to agree with the comments I made earlier about empathy regarding tribalism and antipathy.  Or, you could say I agree with him.

His basic point is simply that empathy is not a good "moral" guide.

This clip, while brief, makes perfect sense to me.  What's the objection?

I provided the clip. See the first two comments and get back to me if you wish.

I'm curious which ones are evil?

I was saying him keeping his campaign promises and fixing his country's economic issues are the reasons I think he's a good leader. Why I'm a "supporter" as you put it.

Thaaaat's fuuuny. I guess pointing out that thing like happiness aren't indicators of prosperity, and that the UN has a development index for it is starting a new topic. LOL

You already fixed the post. I thanked you for it. It was this one. It's all good now.

DUno, probably like harper did, but tht's not the reason I put the video here.

It's a great example of Trump keeping his word, and doing what right in a rational way. It wasn't directed at you, but I'm gonna point out that's hardly "evil."

I've expalined what his evil is. I think you're posting to quickly and missing my post comments. I have to leave now so it's going to be slowed down for you. But I'll just note that Moronium thinks you're right on Bloom. I'm happy that he hasn't chosen to make me his bedfellow! 

I've expalined what his evil is...

But you have no proof for it. Links? Videos? Where is this "promoting racism" ? Evidence please? I don't buy hearsay, and if you bothered to read the exchange I had with sanctus you should look into that false-truth bit too.

...I'll just note that Moronium thinks you're right on Bloom. I'm happy that he hasn't chosen to make me his bedfellow! 

ANd this right here is a prime example of why you should be against empathy(or antipathy). Because you don't agree with some points by Moronium you've automatically dismissed the possibility of valid ones. Maybe you'll grow enough to understand that in the future. Your emotions cloud your judgement. Not healthy.

Monty, your approach seems to be a solipsistic one where opinion = truth.  Opinions are treated as indisputable fact.  All you need is your own opinion to grasp the truth.  No one can possibly present an argument against truth--it's irrebuttable.

But in the event anyone vainly tries to question your truth, the "answer" is simple: Point to someone else who shares your opinion and then say "Q.E.D."

Edited by Moronium

Monty, your approach seems to be a solipsistic one where opinion = truth.  Opinions are treated as indisputable fact.  All you need is your own opinion to grasp the truth.  No one can possibly present an argument against truth--it's irrebuttable.

But in the event anyone vainly tries to question your truth, the "answer" is simple: Point to someone else who shares your opinion and then say "Q.E.D."

I may be solipsistic but you should keep trying your best to make your points. I can't accept my mannerisms to be a valid excuse for your failings. 

But you have no proof for it. Links? Videos? Where is this "promoting racism" ? Evidence please? I don't buy hearsay, and if you bothered to read the exchange I had with sanctus you should look into that false-truth bit too.

ANd this right here is a prime example of why you should be against empathy(or antipathy). Because you don't agree with some points by Moronium you've automatically dismissed the possibility of valid ones. Maybe you'll grow enough to understand that in the future. Your emotions cloud your judgement. Not healthy.

No, I've already told him that I grant him quite a bit of intelligence and he certainly does make some valid points when he's in a positive, shall we say, mood. 

To answer your question on Trump promoting racism: The birther performance against Obama. Of which he did apologize! Unfortunately, it was not from his heart because he never did let it go. And the apology was only for Trump's political purposes.

America is inflicted with a very high incidence of racism, mostly white on black. I think that the south hasn't ever lost their bitterness over losing their civil war. It's so stinging to their consciousness that they erected monuments and statues to keep the memory of slavery alive, and mostly while Obama was their president. 

The bed sheets and the pointy hats were always there in the closets of the south, moldering away waiting for an opportunity or excuse to bring them out. And now they are out in full view of their intended off-white victims, in order to intimidate.Trump has capitalized on this racist hate and has expanded it to brown people and yellow people, with the intention of demonizing. As I've mentioned before with my comparison to Hitler's tactics with the Jews.

I may be solipsistic but you should keep trying your best to make your points. I can't accept my mannerisms to be a valid excuse for your failings. 

Sorry, Monty, but I can't conceive of any way to make a "point" with you.  That's just not in the cards, and I'm not really even trying to do that.  My comments have actually been addressed to, and reflective of, that perception of mine.  I could be wrong, of course, but you strike me as extremely bigoted and not the least bit receptive to rational debate.

Sorry, Monty, but I can't conceive of any way to make a "point" with you.  That's just not in the cards, and I'm not really even trying to do that.  My comments have actually been addressed to, and reflective of, that perception of mine.  I could be wrong, of course, but you strike me as extremely bigoted and not the least bit receptive to rational debate.

I think your position is for the best Moronium. There's little we're ever going to be able to agree upon. I think it could be my bigotry but I think it's just as likely due to your seething anger at life in general. 

Whatever, I won't bother to irritate you unless you initiate the conversation.

I think it's just as likely due to your seething anger at life in general. 

Heh, where did that come from?  Like most, if not all, of your declarations, you make assertions without the least bit of support in the way of evidence, facts, or rational argument.  You appear to assume that your assertions are self-evident; that only a fool could question them; and that therefore no "support" for them is required.  

That's a major reason why I characterize you as solipsistic and bigoted.

Edited by Moronium

To answer your question on Trump promoting racism: The birther performance against Obama. Of which he did apologize! Unfortunately, it was not from his heart because he never did let it go. And the apology was only for Trump's political purposes.

Hold on a sec, You mean the incident where the concern was weather Obama was a USA citizen by birth? As I remember that it wasn't about race, but about citizenship.

America is inflicted with a very high incidence of racism, mostly white on black. I think that the south hasn't ever lost their bitterness over losing their civil war. It's so stinging to their consciousness that they erected monuments and statues to keep the memory of slavery alive, and mostly while Obama was their president. 

The bed sheets and the pointy hats were always there in the closets of the south, moldering away waiting for an opportunity or excuse to bring them out. And now they are out in full view of their intended off-white victims, in order to intimidate.Trump has capitalized on this racist hate and has expanded it to brown people and yellow people, with the intention of demonizing. As I've mentioned before with my comparison to Hitler's tactics with the Jews.

Where did he Trump do this? Last I've seen comments from him he condems racists quite broadly. Not following your comparison in relation to actions and observed situations. I have seen third parties making those claims as hearsay a bunch though. You sure you've got "facts" there and not hearsay and libel?

I'm still waiting on the "proof of Evil" too. That one's just nonsensical.

I would suggest that Gary Johnson and those like him of the fringe parties aren't going to be able to bring the breakdown of the greedy capitalist system. It's going to have to be through one of the major parties and it's likely the Democrats that are the most vulnerable. However, the perfect anti-establishment candidate doesn't seem to have appeared yet. 

But rather than jump ahead that far, the elimination of Trump has to happen, one way or another. I think that your FBI and Mueller understand the grave danger of allowing him to continue for much longer. Maybe Trump will just resign instead of having to face the pressure that's going to be put on him and his famity? 

I don't expect a 3rd party candidate to win the election, although they and their supporters can influence the platforms of the major party candidates.  I try to get people to see issues as deeper than the absolutes of yes/no, black/white, and republican/democrat.