Science Forums

How Galaxies Evolve

hazelm

I am not trying to be a braggart.  I am neither an astronomer nor even a scientist.  Nevertheless,  I feel very good about this finding because, several years ago,  I made the suggestion to a gentleman who is an astronomer.  To keep the story accurate, what I  said at that time was that maybe black holes were the "recycling centers" for using the materials of dead stars to form new stars - that dead star materials fell into black holes where the material eventually shot out forming new stars.  The report here is closer to fact with its finding of carbon dioxide.  And, from the material that the black hole spews out, new stars are formed. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181106103840.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily%2Ftop_news%2Ftop_science+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Top+Science+News%29

I'm sure others have made amateur's predictions in other fields of study.  And, doesn't it make you feel good to have your idea vindicated?   I'm sure others had the same notion I had about black holes.  Someone was in a position to study it.  I hope they turn out to be right.

Edited by hazelm

Its a god link but the link says nothing about anything emerging from the blackhole or falling INTO the blackhole. It references matter falling towards the blackhole " it "drains" toward the central black hole, like water entering the pump of a fountain. This gas then causes the black hole to ignite with activity, launching high-velocity jets of super-heated material that shoot out of the galaxy." The material falling towards the blackhole will be interacting with the blackholes accretion disc, which is made up of a very hot plasma which generates magnetic fields that can propel plasma outwards.

Quantum Loop Gravity is a theory that theorizes black holes can explode, in some kind of big bang, thereby recycling the contents of a Black hole. Hawking radiation is another theory that predicts that energy can get out of a blackhole allowing a blackhole to slowly evaporate, to a point where it may be able to super novae again like a Big bang. Super Novaes have been observed and do produce the heavier elements we find on our planet. A blackhole would take an eternity to evaporate from hawking radiation, to a point where it might super novae.

Quote from OP:  To keep the story accurate, what I  said at that time was that maybe black holes were the "recycling centers" for using the materials of dead stars to form new stars - that dead star materials fell into black holes where the material eventually shot out forming new stars.  The report here is closer to fact with its finding of carbon dioxide.  And, from the material that the black hole spews out, new stars are formed.

The defense rests!  :bow:

I still appreciate your additional explanation, anyway.  :spin: