Science Forums

Science-Hub

hazelm

are you implying sci hub (https://sci-hub.tw/)  ?

if yes,you can find many locked articles,but not all of them.

what is more,I am unsure whether the usage of this website is legal (?)

but all in all ,I think none can show that it is being used by you even if it is illegal.

because as my associate.prof.dr friend says,you can request articles from any specific article's author and he/she may send it to you.

I do not offer doing this,I only state the possibility of this.

and I would be grateful if some other scientists who are experienced explain/clarify its legality here.

Edited by inverse

are you implying sci hub (https://sci-hub.tw/)  ?

if yes,you can find many locked articles,but not all of them.

what is more,I am unsure whether the usage of this website is legal (?)

but all in all ,I think none can show that it is being used by you even if it is illegal.

because as my associate.prof.dr friend says,you can request articles from any specific article's author and he/she may send it to you.

I do not offer doing this,I only state the possibility of this.

and I would be grateful if some other scientists who are experienced explain/clarify its legality here.

So, the articles are not really there.  You request (via this web site) that the author allow you to read them?  That's the same as what you do at Scientific American and probably any other publication. if you want to read something in their archives. Thanks.

So, the articles are not really there.  

yes ,to my knowledge the website removes the barrier and enter journals domain to retrieve articles with a way. 

You request (via this web site) that the author allow you to read them? 

no, I meant that you would be requesting from author's own via e-mail (directly ,via contacting that author),not with this website. the website is already retrieving articles directly when it can

if your area is psychology ,I think you are a bit unlucky,because as I experienced, this website is unable to enter most of such journals' domain.

especially ApaPsyc.NET

Edited by inverse

why are you confused?

ask your questions.

asking questions with innocence is fully free :) :)

I'll have to re-read all this when I get back home.  Thank you, really.  I just need to think on it.  It apparently is not what I thought it was.  If I can remember where I read about it, that may clear it up.

I'll have to re-read all this when I get back home.  Thank you, really.  I just need to think on it.  It apparently is not what I thought it was.  If I can remember where I read about it, that may clear it up.

ok. I request if you find -out something else , please share here with us ,too.

especially if it is illegal

Edited by inverse