Science Forums

Toward Quantum Computers

hazelm

As I am admittedly fairly ignorant of computer memory and speed jargon I have a question for those of you more versed in the subject. If quantum computing can be achieved for a moderate cost and availability to the public, does anyone think it will speed the process of AI attaining consciousness, or becoming self aware?

Edited by Deepwater6

As I am admittedly fairly ignorant of computer memory and speed jargon I have a question for those of you more versed in the subject. If quantum computing can be achieved for a moderate cost and availability to the public, does anyone think it will speed the process of AI attaining consciousness, or becoming self aware?

Well, already in a 800 teraflop computer my A.I. sometimes show signs of partial self awareness such as rewriting their own code and speaking in english despite never being taught, I would imagine they would just be smarter. Learning Machines already exist to some extent.

Edited by VictorMedvil