28 replies to this topic

#1 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:16 PM

It seems my original analysis was wrong as Russia and the US begin this dance of hostility again. How quick things can change.

https://www.bloomber...mical-arms-used

The Middle East be damned.... They always cause all the trouble on this planet. How do you instantly get two people nearly at peace to want to fight, get the middle east involved in the situation. Assad should know not to use Chemical weapons on the rebels that it would just start this again, even if both Russia and the US hate these rebels too breaking international law would still get them to have differing opinions on the subject. Though, the two superpowers won't come to blows over it, they never do because of M.A.D. but still. The Middle East always causes this sort of thing, they should know better by now. Know your place, Middle Eastern Nations is all I would like to convey and wish they would understand.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 28 August 2018 - 09:25 PM.

#2 sanctus

sanctus

Resident Diabolist

• Administrators
  • 4255 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:33 AM

Pointing the finger at the middle east is easy, as if it were  their fault. The problem is the 2 countries who want to play world-police that is why there is this dance of hostility. Remember Syria was termed proxy-war for a reason.

#3 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:20 AM

It seems my original analysis was wrong as Russia and the US begin this dance of hostility again. How quick things can change.

https://www.bloomber...mical-arms-used

The Middle East be damned.... They always cause all the trouble on this planet. How do you instantly get two people nearly at peace to want to fight, get the middle east involved in the situation. Assad should know not to use Chemical weapons on the rebels that it would just start this again, even if both Russia and the US hate these rebels too breaking international law would still get them to have differing opinions on the subject. Though, the two superpowers won't come to blows over it, they never do because of M.A.D. but still. The Middle East always causes this sort of thing, they should know better by now. Know your place, Middle Eastern Nations is all I would like to convey and wish they would understand.

Agree with Sanctus. Some analysis of why the ME is such a powder keg is required, rather than simply blaming the people of the region.

There are two main issues.

1) Oil

The presence of oil has had huge effects. First it has made the ME the subject of colonial or quasi-colonial ambitions by the major industrial powers, a good example being the toppling of Iran's government by the USA and UK in the 1950s and  the selective support of various regimes at the expense of others. Second, the influx of oil wealth, especially after the 1972/3 Yom Kippur war and the associated OPEC price hike, has disrupted primitive, often nomadic, societies, by dragging them forward about 400 years in the space of 2 generations.This has bred instability and resentment of imported culture and values.

2) Hitler

The gassing of the Jews in WW2 finally led the victorious powers to give the Jewish people land in the ME. This was outdated, colonial era, thinking. In fact, the land was not theirs to give. The attempt to resolve the resulting conflicts of interest was half-hearted at best and the new Jewish state felt encircled by enemies and developed a "laager mentality".

These are the factors that make the ME such a volatile place. As you can see, a lot of it is to do with interference from outside powers, well-intentioned or otherwise.  

#4 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:57 AM

Both of your posts have been listened to and are fully understood but one of these days it is going to cause something very bad to happen which starts because of the Middle East and when it does right before it happens, it will start with the line..... "By Fire be purged" on the middle eastern peoples that cause this sort of thing then the final battle for who controls this world will happen, then there will be the largest total war ever seen each time they cause a international incident it almost happens the first part that preludes this battle. The Sad part is the Middle East knows not what it does, when it causes the people whom rule this planet to fight. The Russians and US are both huge presences that only need one reason to break the cold war which has happened since World War II, which is an attack on one or the other. The Middle East causes this sort of thing to almost happen every-time some country like Syria does an action which they well know one of the Superpowers will freak out about. The Final Battle has been ceased for now, but one of these times it won't. They have decided to this time settle this diplomatically one day they won't.

https://www.haaretz....idlib-1.6427285

Edited by VictorMedvil, 29 August 2018 - 12:16 PM.

#5 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

Both of your posts have been listened to and are fully understood but one of these days it is going to cause something very bad to happen which starts because of the Middle East and when it does right before it happens, it will start with the line..... "By Fire be purged" on the middle eastern peoples that cause this sort of thing then the final battle for who controls this world will happen, then there will be the largest total war ever seen each time they cause a international incident it almost happens the first part that preludes this battle. The Sad part is the Middle East knows not what it does, when it causes the people whom rule this planet to fight. The Russians and US are both huge presences that only need one reason to break the cold war which has happened since World War II, which is an attack on one or the other. The Middle East causes this sort of thing to almost happen every-time some country like Syria does an action which they well know one of the Superpowers will freak out about. The Final Battle has been ceased for now, but one of these times it won't. They have decided to this time settle this diplomatically one day they won't.

https://www.haaretz....idlib-1.6427285

What is this "Final Battle" stuff? Are you some sort of crank millenarian prophet, suddenly?  

#6 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

What is this "Final Battle" stuff? Are you some sort of crank millenarian prophet, suddenly?  

No, nothing so crude, I don't believe in such nonsense as God, I mean another World War with WMD this time when I say that term "Final Battle", such a war when it ends that the winner will be those left standing as apex predators who win as such that the only nation to go to space after such a war will be those that won with total destruction of all others that opposed the winner in a total war, no holding back such there there will be only one left, The type of thing that happens when truly advanced civilizations fight of near equal strength, but I must say that any Victory in such a conflict is a Pyrrhic Victory.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 29 August 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#7 Deepwater6

Deepwater6

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

No, nothing so crude, I don't believe in such nonsense as God, I mean another World War with WMD this time when I say that term "Final Battle", such a war when it ends that the winner will be those left standing as apex predators who win as such that the only nation to go to space after such a war will be those that won with total destruction of all others that opposed the winner in a total war, no holding back such there there will be only one left, The type of thing that happens when truly advanced civilizations fight of near equal strength, but I must say that any Victory in such a conflict is a Pyrrhic Victory.

That's some pretty heavy stuff there VM.

Superpower proxy wars happen in more places than just the ME. I will agree the ME is probably the longest and deepest of these puppet conflicts.

In my opinion the US walked away from the Syrian conflict. Standing down in itself is fine, it is something that must happen for these conflicts to ease, but the US didn't draw a line on it's (rebels) hard fought gains. Little by little the Syrian/Russian/Iranian forces are making a land grab to get as much area back while the US slowly turns its head and slinks away. As has too often has happened in this conflict the civilians will take the brunt of this land grab.

I don't buy the case for oil Armageddon as much as I used to. US power stations have been, or are in the process of furiously being switched to natural gas feed lines, which the US is now awash in. Gas wells that were quickly installed in my state of PA sit idle. There is so much NG around, there is no where to store it. So for now many wells are shut down.

While this is good news for the US power needs, much of the rest of the world still has oil based infrastructure in place. That leaves the US in a position to continue it's Persian Gulf oil transport policing for the sake of it's allies and trading partners. At least that's my humble opinion.

#8 LaurieAG

LaurieAG

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1571 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:24 AM

That leaves the US in a position to continue it's Persian Gulf oil transport policing for the sake of it's allies and trading partners. At least that's my humble opinion.

To have a trade war with them? I think testing new technology has quite a bit to do with it including the oil as much of the US military machine still runs on oil.

#9 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:33 AM

Soon that will not be the case that the US War Machine runs on Oil, it has begun to switch to Nuclear as you may have noticed all the Naval ships have fission reactors now, The Air Force has begun to switch from Oil to Nuclear aswell, the Land army of the US still uses Oil that is correct though. The Russians have a Nuclear Powered Naval Force too, but are like the US still upgrading their aircraft to nuclear reactors but land based armies are still Oil based. Though, the Air and Naval forces of both countries revolve around usage of Low Yield Atomic Weapons and High Yield Conventional Weapons, but not so much the land forces of either, which have not yet made the switch yet. The Newest toy is EM Gauss weaponry and Hyper-velocity Missiles for land,sea, and air forces which should see implementation in 2020, which are hyper-sonic weapons you hear so much about.

Then there is always what I speculate to come next, despite the B.W.C.

https://cen.acs.org/...elopment/96/i26

http://www.dailymail...port-warns.html

Nanobiological weapons from Resident Evil

And secondly L.A.W. despite the want to ban them.

L.A.W. from terminator 2.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 30 August 2018 - 04:23 AM.

#10 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:20 AM

Soon that will not be the case that the US War Machine runs on Oil, it has begun to switch to Nuclear as you may have noticed all the Naval ships have fission reactors now, The Air Force has begun to switch from Oil to Nuclear aswell, the Land army of the US still uses Oil that is correct though. The Russians have a Nuclear Powered Naval Force too, but are like the US still upgrading their aircraft to nuclear reactors but land based armies are still Oil based. Though, the Air and Naval forces of both countries revolve around usage of Low Yield Atomic Weapons and High Yield Conventional Weapons, but not so much the land forces of either, which have not yet made the switch yet. The Newest toy is EM Gauss weaponry and Hyper-velocity Missiles for land,sea, and air forces which should see implementation in 2020, which are hyper-sonic weapons you hear so much about.

Then there is always what I speculate to come next, despite the B.W.C.

https://cen.acs.org/...elopment/96/i26

And secondly L.A.W. despite the want to ban them.

This is nonsense.

There are no nuclear aircraft, nor any plans for them, for obvious reasons to do with the enormous weight of nuclear propulsion plants and the  safety issue when they crash.

As for nuclear vessels, yes submarines are often nuclear, for the simple reason that there is no access to air for burning  conventional fuel when they are submerged. US aircraft carriers are also nuclear powered, but no other surface vessels are, nor are there any plans to increase the use of nuclear power in navy surface ships, so far as I am aware. The Royal Navy decided against nuclear for its two new carriers, due at least partly to the appalling economics of nuclear, compared to conventional fuel. But no doubt safety and environmental issues played a part too. 

Edited by exchemist, 30 August 2018 - 04:21 AM.

• OceanBreeze likes this

#11 OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze

Creating

• Moderators
  • 1294 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:29 AM

I can’t state this as an indisputable fact, but I would be willing to wager that at least 95% of borders that define countries today, were drawn up as the result of war and occupation by invaders in the past.

Since at least Roman times, England is quite possibly the country that has been involved in more wars of conquest than any other. Indeed, it was the British who signed the Sykes-Picot agreement and later, the Balfour Declaration, promising a national home for the Jewish people in the Levant, which was finally realized when the UN accepted a resolution on the partition of Palestine in 1947.

This would all be a normal part of nation building in the British tradition, if it were not for the religious aspect; that changes everything! The Jews absolutely believe (make that “know” in their minds) that possessing the land of Israel is literally their God-given right and there is no way, now that they have it, it will ever be taken from them. The only way they will share it with other people is by treating those who do not have the Jewish God-given birthright, as inferiors.

Making matters much worse is the fact that Muslims have always treated Jews exactly the same way; as inferiors; no better than monkeys and pigs.

So, what you have isn’t just another case of a nation born out of war and conquest! Israel is a very special case and it will require a very special solution.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any idea what that solution may be, and it seems that nobody else knows either, so there is a perpetual state of conflict.

Getting back to the thread topic, I am not too concerned about Russia in the ME. They have never had much success establishing themselves as a major factor in that arena and Assad is just using them to help himself stay in power. The US, with by far the more powerful military, is really the only superpower in the world today, and Putin knows this. When the US forces announce they will launch a strike, the Russians get out of the way.

In my opinion, the biggest threat to world peace will come from China, not Russia, but that is an entirely different subject.

• exchemist likes this

#12 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:41 AM

This is nonsense.

There are no nuclear aircraft, nor any plans for them, for obvious reasons to do with the enormous weight of nuclear propulsion plants and the  safety issue when they crash.

As for nuclear vessels, yes submarines are often nuclear, for the simple reason that there is no access to air for burning  conventional fuel when they are submerged. US aircraft carriers are also nuclear powered, but no other surface vessels are, nor are there any plans to increase the use of nuclear power in navy surface ships, so far as I am aware. The Royal Navy decided against nuclear for its two new carriers, due at least partly to the appalling economics of nuclear, compared to conventional fuel. But no doubt safety and environmental issues played a part too. 

Well, that may be true in the U.K. that there are no nuclear aircraft but I can tell you that it is most definitely in development under the Aurora program, I have actually seen them where I live fly over before, most people think Mr. Flying Triangle is a UFO it is not, unlike the U.K. the price is not a object in the U.S., you have to remember that the U.S. and R.U. have significantly more resources than U.K. which is just an island. I am just telling you that is what is currently being worked on in the U.S. and R.U.

astra-in-factory1.jpg

Edited by VictorMedvil, 30 August 2018 - 04:52 AM.

#13 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:09 AM

Well, that may be true in the U.K. that there are no nuclear aircraft but I can tell you that it is most definitely in development under the Aurora program, I have actually seen them where I live fly over before, most people think Mr. Flying Triangle is a UFO it is not, unlike the U.K. the price is not a object in the U.S., you have to remember that the U.S. and R.U. have significantly more resources than U.K. which is just an island. I am just telling you that is what is currently being worked on in the U.S. and R.U.

Conspiracy theory stuff.

What evidence do you have for your claim of a nuclear powered aircraft?

Edited by exchemist, 30 August 2018 - 05:09 AM.

#14 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:17 AM

Conspiracy theory stuff.

What evidence do you have for your claim of a nuclear powered aircraft?

Unfortunately, I can not tell you without giving you classified information about the US, but I can be a dick and tell you all about the Russians doing it, Hold on.

Here is about one of their crashed nuclear powered cruise missiles to start.

http://www.thedrive....-s-might-be-too

A.I. nuclear jet, Russia.

https://www.dailysta...ersonic-nuclear

Here are the chinese ones, which have new reports about it, but it sits in classified section.

https://www.9news.co...ems-says-expert

More Russian Aircraft, I am still looking for the Nuclear powered ones hold on.

https://www.business...r-the-us-2018-8

I have seen information about them before be leaked it has something to do with "Waveriders"

https://www.unilad.c...ane-apparently/

Edited by VictorMedvil, 30 August 2018 - 05:37 AM.

#15 OceanBreeze

OceanBreeze

Creating

• Moderators
  • 1294 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:20 AM

A nuclear-powered aircraft was determined to be technically possible in the 1950s, with the experimental Nuclear Test Aircraft.

nb36h-3a.jpg

It never flew under nuclear power but it did carry a one-megawatt reactor.

As a result of the experiments, it was determined to be not really feasible or necessary.

I don't believe there is any nuclear powered aircraft flying or in development today. 

#16 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:51 AM

Unfortunately, I can not tell you without giving you classified information about the US, but I can be a dick and tell you all about the Russians doing it, Hold on.

Here is about one of their crashed nuclear powered cruise missiles to start.

http://www.thedrive....-s-might-be-too

A.I. nuclear jet, Russia.

https://www.dailysta...ersonic-nuclear

Here are the chinese ones, which have new reports about it, but it sits in classified section.

https://www.9news.co...ems-says-expert

More Russian Aircraft, I am still looking for the Nuclear powered ones hold on.

https://www.business...r-the-us-2018-8

I have seen information about them before be leaked it has something to do with "Waveriders"

https://www.unilad.c...ane-apparently/

I can see no evidence from any of these links for any nuclear powered aircraft. Which ones do you say has this evidence? 

You seem to be confusing nuclear-armed aircraft with nuclear powered aircraft. They are quite different things. Do you not realise that? 

#17 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:52 AM

A nuclear-powered aircraft was determined to be technically possible in the 1950s, with the experimental Nuclear Test Aircraft.

nb36h-3a.jpg

It never flew under nuclear power but it did carry a one-megawatt reactor.

As a result of the experiments, it was determined to be not really feasible or necessary.

I don't believe there is any nuclear powered aircraft flying or in development today. 

They still do but I would have to show you a archive that may get me a FBI visit or something, but I promise they still do. The Russians and US don't normally talk about it for some reason, it sits in classified sections of research unfortunately.