Science Forums

Taking A Time Travel Device To World War 2

Vmedvil2

So I have a question let's say I gave you a Time Travel Device and sent you to world war two era Europe, what would you change in history there, I will tell you what I have cooked up to do If I had a Time Travel Device back in World war II later after some people have replied about what they would change back in the 1940s, but for now what if I gave you a Time Travel device and said it could only take you to World War II, what would you do?

Time-Travel.jpg

Edited by VictorMedvil

There's an SMBC related to this I'll link in for humor's sake.

hitler_time_travelers.jpg

For the record, I wish someone in hollywood would option those movie rights.

As for what I'd do... Now, since you don't include a return-to-present button I'm going to assume I'd be stuck back in the 1940's. Is the time travel device re-useable? Can I time-clone myself with it? I'll assume NOT though that would be my first idea. I'd probably bring along a list of all the top 100 tracks in the surrounding nations over the next 20 ears, stock market values of same (probably only useful for the first couple years because divergence but useful for comparative analysis). a few personal creature comforts and the methods on how to make them, Essentially, I wouldn't try to alter the already INSANE post-war technology race too much. I would however use the time machine, just because from my perspective not using it is suicide: as soon as someone does use it, this theoretical timeline and everyone in it would be overwritten by the new one cause by the traveler.

There's an SMBC related to this I'll link in for humor's sake.

hitler_time_travelers.jpg

For the record, I wish someone in hollywood would option those movie rights.

As for what I'd do... Now, since you don't include a return-to-present button I'm going to assume I'd be stuck back in the 1940's. Is the time travel device re-useable? Can I time-clone myself with it? I'll assume NOT though that would be my first idea. I'd probably bring along a list of all the top 100 tracks in the surrounding nations over the next 20 ears, stock market values of same (probably only useful for the first couple years because divergence but useful for comparative analysis). a few personal creature comforts and the methods on how to make them, Essentially, I wouldn't try to alter the already INSANE post-war technology race too much. I would however use the time machine, just because from my perspective not using it is suicide: as soon as someone does use it, this theoretical timeline and everyone in it would be overwritten by the new one cause by the traveler.

Ya, I dunno what would actually happen if you radically change the timeline. I think it would paradox a new timeline. possibly where you were not born but you would still be stuck in the new timeline when you massively changed it and generated a new timeline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causal_loop

Edited by VictorMedvil