Science Forums

Calculus And Algebra

Because I am still pissed that you did this to one of my posts on Einstein's Field Equations, and I am a vengeful bastard that will never forgive you for it because I was telling people correct information then your annoyingness came in and misdirected the post for 5 pages into me having to deal with your narcissistic arrogant talk about how I didn't know what I was talking about and how the equations needed different proofs and a bunch of other stuff, and so frankly, I don't like you and respect Dubbel, so I am stepping in the confront you about this. just stop.........  

Then don't hijack someone else's thread to attack me I am available on PM

Then don't hijack someone else's thread to attack me I am available on PM

I have nothing to say to you, amateur,stay awhile you may learn something, continue dubbel with your excellent explaination of calculus, frankly, I thought it was good. 

Edited by VictorMedvil

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, as stated before I have my degrees so amateur isn't relevant neither is your opinion of me in the first place. I will voice my opinion when and however I feel like despite your opinion. Doesn't matter to me in the slightest if you agree or not. None of which has anything to do with the topic at hand...

Edited by Shustaire

Guys, calm down :-)

I see what you mean shustaire, it is presenting problem solving and not definitions. And I think that is cool, as I posted in my first post in this thread. All the definitions you get in class/courses, where you get no problem solving examples (i.e the tool but not the manual how to use them) on dobbel´s blog you get exactly that (at least the first 2 or 3 posts I read) which is cool since it gives you the missing manual.

And before people started to get pissed at each other here, all there was was a question about why you dobbel do not start with something someoene else (shustaire) thinks are the basics (proper definitions). So shall we restart from there?

A common technique is to set up a lesson plan sequence. The previous lessons provide the tools to understand the current lesson. Velocity and distance for example can be stepped up to then cover functions, then the functions domain and range. Then vector commutations then the Kronecker Delta under unitary basis i,j. Then step into the Levi Cevita, i,j,k .

Next for example cover the difference between PDE's then ODE's you now have the tools to cover SR then work up in tensors if that's your direction.

The main thing is to try and set up a sequence of lessons so that each previous lesson provides the tools to understand later lessons in a sequence.

This way a student if he/she has a problem with a current lesson can go back and look at previous lessons and work forward to the one they are having problems with.

One can get a more accurate idea if one looks at a textbook and study the sequence of topics covered, any good textbook will have a specific sequence in its layout.

Edited by Shustaire

• 3 weeks later...

What is your  (exact) expertise field? I am mathematician at my background. 

if you are studying on engineering (interdisciplinary) 

then maybe we might work as in collaboration

but I would only publish at sci indexed journals.

E=m.c2 is wrong!!!

Inverse, please do not take offense at this question.  It is not a criticism as I am a very uninformed person in math.  I only want to ask about your "this is wrong" post. because I thought I knew that one - the only one I know.   Isn't it definitely wrong with the dot after mass?  Wouldn't "mc" indicate multiplication?  Why the dot?  I have never seen that before.  Thank you.

Dot is common in algebra to denote multiplication, avoids confusion with x as a variable.

i.e. E=m.c2 is equivalent to E=mc2

(Why he or she thinks it's wrong, no comment on that ...)

Self-defense:  She didn't say it is wrong.  She said "is it wrong?"   Or I think that's what I said.  It is what I meant, anyway.  Where math is concerned ...... ???? .....  well, I leave it to Sabine Hossenfelder

Oh, by the way, thank you for telling why the dot.  I did not know that.  But one thing I do know - and friends who went to school back when or shortly after I did agree.  Some forms taught in Freshman algebra back then are done differently today.  I am speaking of how equations are written and how they are solved.  The answers usually come out the same.  Usually.

Carry on.

P. S.  Oh!  I looked back at your letter and suddenly remembered something.  Yes, we used a dot for muliplication but it was elevated to the center position - not easy to do on a typewriter, is it?   My apologies, Inverse.

Edited by hazelm