Science Forums

Calculus And Algebra

Constructive ciritcism why not start with defining the meaning behind the terms your using.

Define an integral, define a summation, For that matter the first article in the link jumped to entropy yet made no attempt to define the term entropy . You cannot expect readers that wish to understand algebra and Calculus to automatically understand the terminology or the mathematical expressions associated with those terms.

Edited by Shustaire

OK so lets take an example you have a car that travels a distance at a given velocity. When wold you use and integral as opposed to a differentiation both are types of calculus. One being differential calculus the other being integral calculus. So assign v for velocity and d for distance. Which operation would you use for each term ?

Seriously do you honestly believe students can just jump into higher equations without knowing the basics first.? there is a reason why the textbooks are laid out in the manner they are.

The example I gave is one of the earliest topics of calculus.

Edited by Shustaire

That is precisely my point and it isn't the approach you are taking. A clear example is the first article on entropy How is that starting from the basics when the average student doesn't even know what entropy means ?

Sorry but that is my point. In my experience, in the great country of Britain, the education system does not go enough into the basics, so the system ends up duping students into memorizing equations, instead of understanding the basics which make it. 

So what if it was editted after you replied still doesn't change my opinion of your methodology. Nor does it change my opinion of your defensive nature which is far too evident by your responses anytime someone questions you.

It does no good to assume students or readers will understand what your trying to teach by simply demonstating problem solving without covering the basics within the same article. Take greater time and care and define what each term means.

This isn't about your skills in performing the mathematics its goal is to teach students how to perform them.

Edited by Shustaire

OK so lets take an example you have a car that travels a distance at a given velocity. When wold you use and integral as opposed to a differentiation both are types of calculus. One being differential calculus the other being integral calculus. So assign v for velocity and d for distance. Which operation would you use for each term ?

For other readers if you want to find the distance from the history of velocity perform an integration. If you want to find the velocity from a record of the distance perform a differentiation.

I want to make it clear, this was edited after I replied.

Ignore them dubbel anyone that knows calculus understood what you meant. in any case, I want to see one of you do the flux of X^3 besides dubbel then you guys in the peanut gallery can talk.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Does that mean I should be scared that yo will eat me for breakfast how does that change my opinion in any way shape or form? Or is you technique simply to insult anyone who disagrees with you till they get tired and bored of the uselessness of the argument which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic under discussion ?

Do you wish to get into another insult match like we did a few months back?

Edited by Shustaire

perfect example of good behavior that last post is... also a good example of my opinion of your character. I am trying to help you improve the quality of your articles and you raise your hackles like a little child.

Shustaire you always do this to people's posts you act like a total ***** and **** them up causing people to assume it is wrong when it is not, please kindly go die in a fire. You did this crap to one of my posts and I still don't like it. I jack with Dubbel sometimes and post random stuff on his threads and thread hijack but what you do is absolutely annoying when you insult our intelligence by doing what you are doing here.

Edited by VictorMedvil

No only when I meet up with ppl who get overly defensive over criticism or corrections. I asked a ligitimate question. How does demonstrating problem solving teach how to problem solve. I have yet to see a response to that question.

Why did you jump into the argument which has nothing to do with you?

My concern is valid and isn't being addressed except through insult and rudeness

Edited by Shustaire

No only when I meet up with ppl who get overly defensive over criticism or corrections. I asked a ligitimate question. How does demonstrating problem solving teach how to problem solve. I have yet to see a response to that question.

Why did you jump into the argument which has nothing to do with you?

Because I am still pissed that you did this to one of my posts on Einstein's Field Equations, and I am a vengeful bastard that will never forgive you for it because I was telling people correct information then your annoyingness came in and misdirected the post for 5 pages into me having to deal with your narcissistic arrogant talk about how I didn't know what I was talking about and how the equations needed different proofs and a bunch of other stuff, and so frankly, I don't like you and respect Dubbel, so I am stepping in the confront you about this. just stop.........