Science Forums

Calculus And Algebra

I've done my first few write ups, I plan over 50 by the end of the year. The first two write ups, are rather basic. I think the first write up needs a bit more. But I will be returning to dimensional analysis, the whole point is to show neat tricks into solving things, but first we need to work from the basics. Next write-up with be on integrals.

https://calculusalgebra.quora.com/

What is your  (exact) expertise field? I am mathematician at my background. 

if you are studying on engineering (interdisciplinary) 

then maybe we might work as in collaboration

but I would only publish at sci indexed journals.

Edited by inverse

oh,please be notified that there exists (almost) no contexts related to algebra and calculus in your shared post on quora.

but again if your expertise field is relevant to enginering let me know please.

inverse

Edited by inverse

So, from your link I see you are Gareth Meredith? The very same Gareth Meredith who attempted to answer this question on Quora:

How do I find ∫1/2+√(2x+1) dx?

And your answer was:

Gareth Meredith, studied Physics

Yes, the solution is

1/2x−1/3xd(2x+1)^3 2−1/15d(2x+1)+C

“Bit of a tricky one that”

UNQUOTE

When of course the answer to this simple integral is:

x/2+1/3(2x+1)^3/2+C.

And now you want to teach us all algebra and calculus?

I can hardly wait!

huh?

yes ,there is almost no context related to "calculus and "algebra" in my opinion as I am a mathematician

lets see what I remember when I hear algebra and calculus in short

1) convergence & divergence for series , sequences ,functions and functional seqeunces

2) convergence & divergence for integrals (beta & gamma forms)

3) green ,stokes ,divergens teorems (with the proofs please!)

4) all types of differential equeations (including pde)

5) group theory

6) rings theory and progress

7) widening 

8 ) vector spaces & dimensions & matrices & determinants (linear & nonlinear equational systems)

I am afraid these are basics of algebra and calculus according to one mathematician (like me)

but if you are at commencement point and your field is not mathematics  ,please don't feel negative. and continue

Edited by inverse

Here we are hostile as ever... let's take a look shall we? By the way irrespective of any other answer, could you have solved it? Also does the comment have any likes, or any objections?

The solution looks ok, looks like I've simplified it further. Let's take a look. There is a typo, an obvious one, which will be demonstrated now if we work through it. There should be 3/2 as a power, not [math]^32[/math] (seems I did not write it correct.)

The solution is

applying the sume rule to [math]\int \frac{1}{2} + \sqrt{2x + 1} dx[/math] which gives

[math]= \int \frac{1}{2}dx + \int \sqrt{2x + 1} dx[/math]

Keep in mind you are breaking it down as follows:

[math]\frac{1}{2} dx = \frac{1}{2} x[/math]

and after aknowledging the integration constant, it yields just

[math] = \frac{1}{2} x[/math]

There's some other calculations in there I can't be bothered writing out just now. All in all it will come out as

[math]= \frac{1}{2}x + \frac{1}{3}(2x + 1)^{\frac{3}{2}} + C[/math]

That is still not the answer you posted, regardless of said "typo"

What about the extra term that you forgot to mention?

I mean the 1/15d(2x+1)

Is that the extra calculation that you cannot be bothered to writing out just now?

Why don't you just admit that you made a Big mistake in the most basic mathematics and stop trying to defend it?

You really do sound like a whiny little *****!

Oh no, you're not getting away with this one ya wee piece of slime. Yes, I probably calculated the wrong thing, but yet, you didn't approach me with any humility. Worse yet, I've now exposed you for lying about the same thing [twice now]. On the forum, you presented that you thought I was the same person who posted on sciforums, in which case, you tried to act surprised when you ''came across'' my blog. If you remember correctly, I brought it up here and you couldn't even give me a good retort because you ''didn't just come across my blogs'' that day like you claimed on sciforums, because I have posted many blogs here which you tracked for months previously. Now you are acting all innocent again saying ''so your name is gareth meredith'' like you didn't know the first round. 

You're so duplicitous it's beyond words. Do you remember the rant I am talking about? I can find the posts here which you NEVER replied to if you want? Sure it won't take me long. Fact is, you're a strange stalker, who was implicit with getting me banned from sciforums and you knew fine well who I am, even now, as you act innocent when regarding my name. Either that, or you have a serious case of dementia? The problem is if you are going to tell so many lies, you'll eventually forget the lies you made, because they are not rooted in fact.

You are off your rocker. I never said anything about you being on another forum, here or anywhere else.

Go and find the posts you claim and post them here for all to see or retract and apologize.

All the slime is yours.

And you are getting this bent out of shape because you could not solve a very easy integral? Hilarious!

Edited by OceanBreeze

Give it time the first step is to review functions and discuss aspects such as limits of a function. Also review trigonometric expressions. You won't be able to cover the body of both algebra and Calculus in 50 posts by demonstrating problem solving without covering the essential apsects such as inner.outer and exterior products Vector addition etc.

You should start with something like What a function is in the first place.

Edited by Shustaire

:'(

Bless your sweet heart, I was concerned for you, it seems like I was right.. you seem to be having some early signs of dementia. That's not good, because it means we can't trust a damn thing you talk about

http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/30299-for-ocean/

And where is the supporting evidence for all this BS you posted?

"On the forum, you presented that you thought I was the same person who posted on sciforums, in which case, you tried to act surprised when you ''came across'' my blog. If you remember correctly, I brought it up here and you couldn't even give me a good retort because you ''didn't just come across my blogs'' that day like you claimed on sciforums, because I have posted many blogs here which you tracked for months previously. Now you are acting all innocent again saying ''so your name is gareth meredith'' like you didn't know the first round." 

Do you even realize that the link you posted in this thread leads directly to your blog with the name Gareth Meredith?

Are you that deranged that you do not know that?

All I have done is jokingly criticize you for getting an easy integral wrong.

I didn't know you were going to go ballistic over it.

AND don't expect "humility" when someone points out you have made a math mistake.

Who do you think you are?

Edited by OceanBreeze