Science Forums

Stunning debut novel - The Karma Trail

LightBringer

Imagine a land mass between Ireland and North America called Lacramendi. A land mass upon which 500 Irish immigrants set up a colony almost 200 years ago while fleeing from the Irish famine. A colony blessed by God and visited by an angel called Novrel who imparted wisdom and visions to the group’s leader. A leader who recorded these words in a mystical book called ‘The Shadrax Maga’ and who was so revered that even today his followers hold his words sacred. Followers such as Michael Savage whose wife and family are incinerated in a senseless car bombing by an extremist terrorist group and whose life is destroyed as a consequence. But who then sees his family’s killers flee justice and take refuge across the border from where they cannot be extradited.

Vowing revenge Savage pursues them, the words and teachings of the Shadrax Maga ringing in his ears that none may outrun their destiny, that none may escape the Karma Trail, realising that the peaceful code he has tried to follow since a boy must now be broken.

An intelligent, convincing and compelling new talent has emerged in the shape of Irishman Danny McCallan and this, his first novel, ‘The Karma Trail’ (available through amazon.com or the Publish America websites). McCallan has written this story like a panther stalking prey. Not one word, one syllable is wasted. The story covers a myriad of themes – love, loneliness, rejection, insecurity, faith, death, forgiveness, angels, near death experiences, redemption. And it does so in masterly style. It is a truly remarkable book, well worth the cover price and Michael Savage, driven and disturbed, is an engaging and original creation, a character both terrifying and inspiring who will live on in your memory long after you read the last page.

• 1 year later...
A colony blessed by God and visited by an angel called Novrel who imparted wisdom and visions to the group’s leader.

If you own a pet you have entered a continuing responsiblity to it, including putting it down at the end of its life to terminate suffering. Irish Catholics can only breed themselves into Hell. They are forever crippled by their god who does not care. When Yahweh turned his back on 6 million Jews in Hitler's camps - most of them fanatic fundamentalists - they should have taken the hint. Ditto Armenians and Turks.

Uncle Al died on 20 October 2000 (92 F body temp and 40% 2nd and 3rd degree burns) and again a few days later (nursing shift change, double morphine push atop continuous morphine drip, OD). Death by opiate overdose is much to be preferred. Either way, death is overrated as an experience.

Nurse, "The nurses are surprised you got through this without cosmetic deficits."

Uncle Al, "What about everybody else?"

Nurse, "The doctors can't imagine how you are still alive."

Uncle Al, "People conquer death by treating it with contempt."

It's a crap book at face value. Life continually hands you swords. Grab the hilts not the blades. Conquerors never apologize; the dead never complain.

Life continually hands you swords. Grab the hilts not the blades. Conquerors never apologize; the dead never complain.

Al, you are one of my (few) heros in life. I discovered your writings about ten years ago, rediscovered them about 3 years ago (when I found an old printout of one of your articles).

I think the book is about you. An angel that imparts wisdom, whether you like it or not... :naughty:

Keep fighting the good fight! :hihi:

Nurse, "The nurses are surprised you got through this without cosmetic deficits."

Uncle Al, "What about everybody else?"

Nurse, "The doctors can't imagine how you are still alive."

Uncle Al, "People conquer death by treating it with contempt."

this is very, very true.

i had a horrible experience a few years back and in a nutshell the salt was diluted in my body, which caused my brain to swell.

i lied there almost parlyzed, focusing as hard as i could on breathing. it was something i really had to try to do.

obviously i didn't...but i KNEW i was dying. i knew it.

it is the weirdest feeling of contempt, and content, ever.

even though i am afraid of dying, at this time i was perfectly ok with it. and i closed my eyes thinking i would never wake up.

i CAN NOT find the words for my hatred, and disGUST when people are on their death bed and all of a sudden they "FIND GOD"

it's like they live their entire lives in a lie, and now that it's over they want what everybody else wants!! etnernal happiness in the fermement!

yeah well guess what, you aren't going to get it.

humans, in general, make me sick to my stomache. sometimes i can't even stand to look in the mirror. what i'm a part of...it's menacing.

well there's my opinion.

• 1 month later...
this is very, very true.

i had a horrible experience a few years back and in a nutshell the salt was diluted in my body, which caused my brain to swell.

i lied there almost parlyzed, focusing as hard as i could on breathing. it was something i really had to try to do.

obviously i didn't...but i KNEW i was dying. i knew it.

it is the weirdest feeling of contempt, and content, ever.

even though i am afraid of dying, at this time i was perfectly ok with it. and i closed my eyes thinking i would never wake up.

i CAN NOT find the words for my hatred, and disGUST when people are on their death bed and all of a sudden they "FIND GOD"

it's like they live their entire lives in a lie, and now that it's over they want what everybody else wants!! etnernal happiness in the fermement!

yeah well guess what, you aren't going to get it.

humans, in general, make me sick to my stomache. sometimes i can't even stand to look in the mirror. what i'm a part of...it's menacing.

well there's my opinion.

"This is your brain, this quote identifies to us that your brain is on drugs." :esheriff:

How does one so young get so angry?