Science Forums

Ad Server Sllooooooow

Buffy

Maybe its just me but: During the middle of the day here in the US, my browser seems to be spending a lot of time "Connecting to asgXX.casalemedia.com..." The traceroutes there all come out clear, so I think their servers are a bit overloaded.

I for one am quite happy to wait for the ad servers to keep Hypography paid for, but ya might wanna complain to them Tormod... If anything, it gets me to work more during the day and post at night.... :)

BTW: Shouldn't this Forum be "Site Problems" rather than "Login Problems"? Or is the code so good there can only be "user errors" associated with logging in? :)

Cheers,

Buffy

I'll check with Casale Media - I heard rumours about this from other sites, too.

As for this forum - it is about login problems because users can post here without logging in. The "Site feedback" forum is supposed to be about stuff like this. :hyper:

The last 30 minutes the ad server has been horrendous, mainly waiting for as.casalemedia.com to forward to asgxx.casalemedia.com. It has literally been taking 3 to 4 minutes or more between screens.

Wow. Maybe we should try to turn it off for a day simply to see if it helps! This is scandalous. :)