Science Forums

Yes, You Can Go Faster Than Speed Of Light

hazelm

Santus, what's your reason for closing it?  What "policy" does that kind of scientific censorship advance?  Participation in this thread is entirely voluntary, isn't it?  Does someone need to be protected, or what?

It seems to me that if no one interested in participating in this thread, then there is no need to "kill" it.  It will die a  natural death.

If, for whatever reason(s), some posters have no interest in it, then no one is forcing them to even look at it.  Who's being harmed?

On the other hand, if some posters are interested in the topic, why should they be forcibly prevented from posting?

Censorship has never struck me as a noble concept or as serving a worthwhile goal. 

Edited by Moronium

. And Moronium, for the record Shustaire did not ask;-)

Again, you mean?

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

VictorMedvil, on 20 Jul 2018 - 5:20 PM, said:

I am sick of debating this, Buffy can you lock this Thread SR is correct...that theory is correct and his arguments are invalid.

Shustaire:

hear hear with this I agree full heartedly

http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/32241-yes-you-can-go-faster-than-speed-of-light/?p=362270

Edited by Moronium

You've had your say, and any attempt to change your opinion with facts have failed. While you may think this thread is not causing anyone harm, what I will say, its causing a lot of people frustration... No wonder people want this thread closed and I am one of them. 

I fail to follow your logic here, Dubbo.  Is the mere fact that the thread is "open" causing you some pain?  If there is a topic where you can't change someone's opinion, should that be grounds for closing the thread to all?  Is the whole purpose of this forum to either have people agree with you or be banished, as you see it?

Did someone force you to open this thread and look at it, just now?  Are you being held prisoner, or something?  You are certainly free to express your opinions, and even to sternly warn others not to comment in this thread, if you want.  But don't you think others are entitled to make their own decision in that regard?

Admin note: In a days time I will close this thread (=no further posting, thread still visible) so if strong opinions to keep it open please post here. And Moronium, for the record Shustaire did not ask;-)

I don't see any valid reason for closing this thread. I would suggest moving it though, from the Physics and Mathematics section to the Philosophy section, as I think it will be more appropriate there.

I would take any objections from Dubbelosix with a grain of salt. He has been banned from just about every other physics and science forum on the planet multiple times, by his own admission, for posting crackpot theories that are cloaked by a wall of mostly incomprehensible math that nobody is interested in.

He also has a nasty habit of going around this forum making negative comments about other members ( myself and exchemist to name two) who do not agree with him or appreciate his crackpot theories. For him to suggest that someone else be banned because of his love of science is laughable. If anyone should be banned, it is Dubbelosix, as has been done elsewhere.

As for this site, I have a lot of respect for it, but I also have respect for science. Your thread should not have been posted here but in speculations, because you are attempting to challenge extremely well tested theories. I think people have spent a lot of time with you, been sort of patient, except for the times the frustration has become too much and insults have been flung at each other. Accept, your thread is past its sell-by date. You've had your say. There is no censorship going on either.

This is funny, coming from one of the biggest crackpot sockpuppets on the Internet.

You're another fraud. There are a few scientifically-minded people, but you are not one of them. You are nothing but a troll. 

Also... disingenuous much? My physics wasn't the issue as to why I got banned from the scienceforums, it was my attitude towards trolls much like yourself. My work was hardly, if ever, disputed. 

You are something that I wipe off the bottom of my shoe. 

I don't see any valid reason for closing this thread. I would suggest moving it though, from the Physics and Mathematics section to the Philosophy section, as I think it will be more appropriate there.

Thanks for the support, Popeye.  I don't see a valid reason either, but who knows what the reason is?  Sanctus hasn't said (and perhaps won't say, I don't know).

Virtually any thread could be put in the philosophy section.  Theoretical physics unavoidably has some degree of "philosophical" content.  On the other hand, debate about competing scientific theories is, to me, an essential part of science, and not just philosophy.  So, not that I really care but, I don't really agree that the philosophy forum is most appropriate for this type of discussion.

Edited by Moronium

its pretty painful watching people give so much time out in vain. .

Then don't watch.

Not that I'm agreeing with any other of the typically unsupported, incorrect and self-serving content of this post.  I won't even argue with you about that.  For one thing, if I did, I suspect that you would find yourself in great pain.

For him to suggest that someone else be banned because of his love of science is laughable. If anyone should be banned, it is Dubbelosix, as has been done elsewhere.

Although I can't disagree with the logic of this statement, I don't think you, any more than me, are arguing that he should be banned--at least not for his "scientific" views, however cranky they may be.  

But for any other reason, either, as far as I'm concerned.  He has made a whole lot of vulgar and insulting statements about me in this thread, but I've never complained.  Nor would I.

Edited by Moronium

Moronium, just something to reflect on... when you attack peoples integrity, saying they are misguided, don't understand the physics and generally insult them, then I really hope you do for at least your own moral sake, don't complain when you get it back. 

I just said that I am making no complaints.  That said, for you to even begin to suggest that I have in any way treated you, or anyone else in this thread, with the ridicule, derision, and ever-recurring vulgar tirades that you have made a habit of is quite disingenuous.

Edited by Moronium

Moronium, just something to reflect on... when you attack peoples integrity, saying they are misguided, don't understand the physics and generally insult them, then I really hope you do for at least your own moral sake, don't complain when you get it back. 

Moronium is a very thick & durable substance, I wouldn't bother trying to break through to it.

Luckily for him no one wants to break him. Or break him in. Or anything of the sort :)

We just expect some kind of reasonable response to cogent and logical objections to his unsupported assertions. 

Maybe, for your own self-protection, you should leave this thread right now, eh, Dubbo?  No one cares to see you get "frustrated" and start spewing filth again, so you'll be doing others a favor too.

Edited by Moronium

The "substance" of the virtually all the supposedly "scientific" argument made in here boils down to this:

1.  The special relativity theory is right, and therefore

2.  No alternative theory of relative motion could possibly be right--no argument against it is needed.

Yet anyone with even a casual knowledge of the topic would know that the vast majority, if not all, of the professional theoretical physicists alive today reject such a naive view.

I guess that's "frustrating" for those who wish to remain ignorant, uninformed, and cocksure of their own opinions.

Edited by Moronium

See? This is a perfect example of how you never listened, because there was far more substance than what you even honestly admit to.

Heh, Dubbo, "substance" like you screaming, ad nauseum, slogans like "There are no preferred frames!,"  All motion is relative!," and, "All the evidence supports special relativity!," ya mean?

Nice try.

Your statements repeatedly demonstrate the fact that you can't even distinguish a preferred frame theory from SR, let alone intelligently discuss the basis of the theoretical differences.  You are not even interested in bona fide theoretical discussion.  As you repeatedly disclose, your only interest is in changing the opinions of others to conform to the ones you harbor.

Unfortunately, the methods you employ in an attempt to effectuate that goal are not of the type which carry any "persuasive" value.

Edited by Moronium