Science Forums

God

karlfreak

ok we were having a discussion in ancient history on god and my freind states this

god needs faith to exist right so if he has faith then he exist and if he esist then he does not need faith therefore he does not need faith

now it may be just me but he makes a big leap in there some where and i seem to have missed it any one want to help

ok we were having a discussion in ancient history on god and my freind states this

god needs faith to exist right so if he has faith then he exist and if he esist then he does not need faith therefore he does not need faith

now it may be just me but he makes a big leap in there some where and i seem to have missed it any one want to help

faith, existance and everything related to you are depending on You because you're a believer who has a faith on God, not God needs faith. God does not need faith, but you need faith to believe God's existance. If you don't have a faith on God, you think God doesn't exist. Again, everything you decide depends on you, no matter right or wrong. That's why i'm favour to eastern religion, which has no God, no creation, no existance for someone or something(existance is inperfection).

faith, existance and everything related to you are depending on You because you're a believer who has a faith on God, not God needs faith. God does not need faith, but you need faith to believe God's existance. If you don't have a faith on God, you think God doesn't exist. Again, everything you decide depends on you, no matter right or wrong. That's why i'm favour to eastern religion, which has no God, no creation, no existance for someone or something(existance is inperfection).

Which Eastern religion do you practice? Hinduism is an Eastern Religion where EVERYTHING is a god. That is why the cows roam the streets.

Your answer started right. Faith is a belief in something unseen. God exists wether you have faith in Him or not, He is not reliant on you rfaith for Him to exist or have relevance. What the friend has here is just a Philosophy 101 question akin to "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it still makes a sound?" and "Does the refrigerator light stay on when the door closes?" These questions are good to get the mind active, but question and the answers really mean nothing in the end.

See, that is why it takes faith. You are going to have faith in something, I choose to put my faith in God.

Can you prove that God does not exist?

When someone claims that something exists it is their burden to prove it, not someone else's to disprove it. You might as well claims that oranges are blue, until you produce one your claim is baseless.

It's like Santa Claus, he's not real but he exists in the minds of those that believe in him.

Or is He like Tinkerbell, who physically exists but can die if not enough children believe in her? (Yes, I know Peter Pan is a work of fiction, I'm just trying to play along here)

Which Eastern religion do you practice? Hinduism is an Eastern Religion where EVERYTHING is a god. That is why the cows roam the streets.

Your answer started right. Faith is a belief in something unseen. God exists wether you have faith in Him or not, He is not reliant on you rfaith for Him to exist or have relevance. What the friend has here is just a Philosophy 101 question akin to "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it still makes a sound?" and "Does the refrigerator light stay on when the door closes?" These questions are good to get the mind active, but question and the answers really mean nothing in the end.

I don't care God exists because i have no faith on God. I pratice in Buddhism. We don't have a single God but a teacher or guidance. We don't pray for Him, just pratice His teachings, in which clearly stated that 'Don't trust everything easily including my teaching'. Just like professors taught us and don't care whether we pass or not, but we ourselves care!

When someone claims that something exists it is their burden to prove it, not someone else's to disprove it. You might as well claims that oranges are blue, until you produce one your claim is baseless.

It may be hard for you to understand, but to me and many millions of others He does exist. For us the proof is found when we are conversing with Him (we call that "prayer") or when we are reading His word (we call that "The Bible") and we can sense Him speaking to us or sense His presense with us... it becomes even more real when we do something wrong (we call that "sin") and no longer sense His presence with us.

No, everything is not a god. Cows are not gods - but the Laws of Manu ask for the protection of cattle.

I believe in Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. They exist for me. Do they exist for you? I have a feeling the answer is no. Therefore, I am not arrogant enough to insist that they do, whether you believe them or not. They do for me, and that is enough - I do not believe that God as you put it exists for me, but only for you, because it is your mind that has faith in her, not mine.