Science Forums

What is your problem

karlfreak

....and as for spelling i have never been able to spell but hey ithink it is very good for a 14 year old...

DictionarySearch is a great Firefox extension that let's you highlight a word and look it up. It does require you to actually look up words though to see how to spell them so it will not help any lazy people.

DictionarySearch is a great Firefox extension that let's you highlight a word and look it up. It does require you to actually look up words though to see how to spell them so it will not help any lazy people.

cool... I had never heard of this before... just out of curiosity, what do you think of Firefox? Are you using it because you despise MS products, or because it's better (or both)? I would really like to make a transition away from MS....

cool... I had never heard of this before... just out of curiosity, what do you think of Firefox? Are you using it because you despise MS products, or because it's better (or both)? I would really like to make a transition away from MS....

Both, moreso because I think it is better. And all of the available extensions just change the world of surfing all together. I use the BBCode extension here and other forums daily and Forecast Fox always keeps me up to date on current weather conditions.

Both, moreso because I think it is better. And all of the available extensions just change the world of surfing all together. I use the BBCode extension here and other forums daily and Forecast Fox always keeps me up to date on current weather conditions.

hmmm.... wery interesting... less security issues than IE I assume? :hihi: I'll check it out... Thanks!

Okay, I'm a late comer to this thread (read every post though) and all I would like to say is (directed moreso at niviene) I was 14 only 2 years ago, and at that age I was CRAVING (try to find 10 places where I've capitalized a word...) knowledge, information, data, research, whatever you want to call it. I was by no stretch of the imagination lazy when it came to learning and my spelling has been as good as it is now since fourth grade (granted I've become more organized with my writing more or less; And I've been able to get my points across moere clearly,... wait, that has nothing to do with spelling, oh well :xx:[notice the commas karlfreak]). Directed more at karlfreak, if you are 14, a member of an online science community, and can't spell or punctuate.... How do you ever hope to get your ideas, thoughts, and theories across to us? This is meant only as helpful criticism. I hope you take English class next year a little more seriously, at least if you want to communicate with others through written language, I realize it may be a little late in the game for you now to want to show much desire to learn something that would require many weeks to perfect, but if you don't put the time in now... when will you? I'm so glad my fourth grade teacher stressed the importance of knowledge and language to us, without her It is questionable whether or not I'd be here. I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed English homework as much (cracking open a dictionary still reminds me of those days...) and I wouldn't be posting this long post full of correctly spelled and semi correctly punctuated sentences (No one's perfect, but I try :xx:).

Directed more at karlfreak, if you are 14, a member of an online science community, and can't spell or punctuate.... How do you ever hope to get your ideas, thoughts, and theories across to us? :xx:).
I agree with your assesment totally Dark Mind. Maybe karlf. would have used his time more wisely if he had joined an English forum. And like you, this advise is meant to instruct karlf., and not to insult him. If his posts don't improve greatly, we members of Hypography could have the right to feel insulted ourselves. There are more pressing issues to deliberate upon than spending time instructing someone in proper sentence structure and spelling. My heavens, I believe the expression is "first things first", karlfreak are you listening??

personally I don't have much trouble reading his posts. Then again I'm only 21 myself so I'm still a kid at heart. let's not forget that karlfreak has brought up quite a few entertaining topics and questions.

Besides, it only takes one 14 year old unimpeded by common sense to think outside the box, it ususally takes a whole group of adults to do the same.

Besides, it only takes one 14 year old unimpeded by common sense to think outside the box, it ususally takes a whole group of adults to do the same.

Ouch!! that hurt. In all seriousness, you do make a good point. Sometime us older folks are just a little slow to catch on. I'll be a little more patient with karlf. even if it hurts.

I don't think that it's whether he is thinking outside the box or not, it's whether we can understand what he is thinking!

If he was posting in French, or binary, it would seriously limit the information flow from him to us. Karl would probably get some trouble after a short while. But I could convert the binary a lot more easily than the random leet speak... and then read it in English, rather than just automatically skipping what he says, however mind-shatteringly lucid it might otherwise be!