Science Forums

Favorite Quotes

Dark Mind

life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes. ~ carl friedrich gauss

just kidding. :jab:

here's the more likely attire. :xmas_sheep:

i think life sucks, then you get cancer, then your dog dies, your wife leaves you, the cancer goes into remission, you get a new dog, you get remarried, you owe ten million dollars in medical bills but you work hard for thirty-five years and you pay it back and then -- one day -- you have a massive stroke, your whole right side is paralyzed, you have to limp along the streets and speak out of the left side of your mouth and drool but you go into rehabilitation and regain the power to walk and the power to talk and then -- one day -- you step off a curb at sixty-seventh street, and BANG you get hit by a city bus and then you die. maybe. ~ denis leary

"Egotism is that special something which enables a man who's in a rut to think he's in a groove" - Unknown

:unsure:

"The one thing that can be safely predicted about life is that it is unpredictable...there is nothing on Earth that in the twinkling of an eye is not subject to change." - Richard L. Evans

Richard L. Evans :slingshot: was a plagarizing hack. :omg: In the best of possible terms of course. :rotfl:

behold, i shew you a

mystery;

we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be

changed;

in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last

trump:

for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised

incorruptible,

and we shall be changed.

~ saul ~

:xparty:

Richard L. Evans :slingshot: was a plagarizing hack. :omg: In the best of possible terms of course. :rotfl:

behold, i shew you a

mystery;

we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be

changed;

in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last

trump:

for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised

incorruptible,

and we shall be changed.

~ saul ~

:xparty:

You got me there Turtle :blink:

"Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?" - Antonio Porchia

Everyone is born with a limited amount of time. Every moment we live-whether we're working, playing, complaining or being thankful is time that we have spent. Nothing is more valuable than the time we have left.

Cynthia Kersey

Happiness is not a reward-it's a consequence. Suffering is not a punishment- it is a result

Robert Green Ingersoll

Experience should be a guidepost and not a hitching post.

Author Unknown

Do what's right and try to get along with people, in that order.

Ezra Taft Benson

And I'll end with one of Turtles favs, Benny Frank. So loved in the city of of Philadelphia there is a huge bridge connecting :o PA and NJ named after him and the Franklin Institute which has loads of creative and hands on experiments and recreations by him and his era. A great place to visit.

Human felicity is produced not so much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen, as by little advantages that occur everyday.

Benjamin Franklin

DW

Here are a few Witticisms I drummed up...

"Maybe Death and Taxes are inevitable, but Death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets" - Joan I Welsh

"Success, I shall tell you out of the wisdom of my years, is a toy balloon among children armed with sharp pins" - Gene Fowler

"You've heard of the three ages of man: Youth, Middle Age, and "You're looking wonderful!" " - Francis Cardinal Spellman

"There are two times in a man's life when he shouldn't speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can" - Mark Twain

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

"Advertising is the art of making whole lies out of half-truths" - Edgar A. Shoaff

"The most important thing in Acting is honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - George Burns

"I think, therefore I'm single" - Liz Winston

"Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter because nobody listens" - Nick Diamos

• 3 months later...

Hey JMJ, :)

Today the theory of evolution is about as much open to doubt as the theory that the earth goes round the sun.

~Richard Dawkins

We humans are an extremely important manifestation of the replication bomb, because it is through us - through our brains, our symbolic culture and our technology - that the explosion may proceed to the next stage and reverberate through deep space.

~Richard Dawkins

CC

Really reaching here, and I hope it's not taken the wrong way, but-

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It may be presumptuous of me to call you a friend, CC, but I do, and so be it. As I am usually stupid, I'd like to be stupid with you. What are your reactions to causal dynamical triangulations? It seems to me to be an elegant geometric approach to the problem of consolidating general relativity with quantum mechanics, but I am, as I previously stated, stupid. And if you know anything of ADSL splitters, I have questions there too :)

On a not necessarily related note, has anyone heard from Turtle lately? I'm concerned he might have ended up in someone's soup, though I pity the fool that tries to capture him.

Edited by JMJones0424

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Remember you are your own doctor when it comes to curing cold feet.

Author unknown

You cannot run away from weakness. You must sometimes fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand.

Robert Louis Stevenson

To eat one must chew, to speak one must think.

Vietnamese proverb

Behave toward everyone as if receiving a great gift.

Confucius