Science Forums

Favorite Quotes

Dark Mind

love the world as I have loved you - Jesus

everyone knows the fastest way to a speeding ticket. -phil

the differance between a good man and a bad one lies in the heart. -unknown.

be still oh my soul and know the grace of God. -psalms

whats faster than a speeding bullet, can leap tall buildings in a single bound, and more powerful than a locamotive? fire breathing dragons! -unknown

• 3 weeks later...

You don't have to suffer continual chaos in order to grow.

John C. Lilly

I could use some help. My 16yr old son who lives with his mother is not doing very well in school. He has type 1 Diabetes and when his sugar is off he gets hard to deal with. Indifferent, disinterested, among other things. When his sugar is right on he has a completely different view on the world.

So in an effort to help him along I text him an inspiring quote everyday. I do this with the hope that something will click with him at the right time. Since I've been doing this for sometime, I'm running low on inspiring quotes suited to make a teenager to ponder on. I have lots of quotes, but some wouldn't apply to this cause. I'm looking for inspiration as a target. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Deep

• 3 weeks later...

I have just read Paulo Coelho's Manuscript Found in Accra, and the book has become an instant favorite of mine. It's a compilation of beautiful statements that echo a lot about life in general. The following is one of my favorite quotes from the book: 

Avoid those who believe they are stronger than you because they are actually concealing their own fragility. 

Stay close to those who are not afraid to be vulnerable because they have confidence in themselves and know that, at some point in our lives, we all stumble; they do not interpret this as a sign of weakness, but of humanity.

I have just read Paulo Coelho's Manuscript Found in Accra, and the book has become an instant favorite of mine. It's a compilation of beautiful statements that echo a lot about life in general. The following is one of my favorite quotes from the book: 

Avoid those who believe they are stronger than you because they are actually concealing their own fragility. 

Stay close to those who are not afraid to be vulnerable because they have confidence in themselves and know that, at some point in our lives, we all stumble; they do not interpret this as a sign of weakness, but of humanity.

Love Paulo Coelho. Good quote.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" - Napolean Bonaparte

"In Politics, stupidity is not a handicap" - Napolean Bonaparte

"There is a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure truth" - Maya Angelou

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Carl Sagan

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

the primary problem with the world is the dumber you are the more certain you are about your position. -unknown

we often give the enemy the means of our own destruction. -Aesop

happiness: meaningful work, enjoyable company, and a positive attitude. -Phil

don't waste your time with idle games; play baduk! -Confucius

always remember you are unique, just like everyone else. -unknown

• 2 months later...