Science Forums

What happens after life??

Tim_Lou

Originally posted by: Frogon

But, Musilms belive almost the same things as christians (little humor: the only difference is they don't eat pork).

a nice bit of humor that highlights how Chritians ignore most of what is in the bible and invent whatever they want and then call it Christianity. The bible says that you should not eat pork, yet most Christians do anyway. So your bit of humor would be accurate only if it said "the only difference is they follow their book"

No matter what your religion, you should KNOW killing is bad.

"Thou shall not suffer a witch to live". "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me". Or perhpas you don't read the bible? There are many of these. I ahve posted a number of them various palces here. If you are truly unaware of what is ACTUALLY in the bible, I can supply them again.

Some of those extreamists are just like colts, the leader tells them that they will "be happy in heaven" if they die for his cause, yet you have done wrong by killing, those people.

Those "Extremeists" on both sides (Christian and Islamic) are merely following the ACTUAL writings in their source of revelation. The Bile or Koran.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frogon, Irisheyes, Tim_lou, and other's that claim to know that there is a life after the one we have, that we as individual's go to another life/ plane/ ... and since the bible talks about reuiniting with our bodies at some point (yes you Christians all argue about WHEN), what about things like losing a limb, do you get it back? If you die of old age, senile, do you go to the next plane senile or with a healthy mind and body, IOW get young again.

Originally posted by: Tim_Lou

yes, your right.

myself is a teen and i have to admit sometimes i dont know what im doing.

when going to school, i ask, what am i doing really? everyday the same thing...?

That is because you are being taught WHAT to think instead of HOW to think. It is why you are bored and why you post the way you do. Unfortunately, this may be the best you will have access to. Meanwhile, it is your main job right now. And in life we are often faced with jobs we must do that may be less than pleasant. You need to do the best you can regardless. You dont get a 2nd chance. And there isn't one of us out here, farther out, that wish we did LESS in school. OK, there probably are some, but they have trouble working computers :-)

well, after high school, im going to college, then get a job, have a family, and work for my rest of my life......sounds very sad and pointless.

Like I have said MANY TIMES, and you are once more PROVING, the Christian mindset promotes that one wastes the only life they actually know they have. All you want to do is get thru it. Thanks for showing me to be right once again.

the purpose of life is to find out the purpose of life.

Well, perhaps there is a crack of light spilling thru! This statement disallows your god. If Christianity is correct, then there is only one answer and you know what it is.

But you admit there is much more than that. That YOU as an individual can work to determine your own position in the universe.This is a good thing.It is the start to learning HOW to think, not just being brainwashed by being force fed what to think. Keep questioning.

people are always seeking, but they will never find it. so, the actural purpose is the finding process. dont ask people the meaning of life, ask it yourself. while doing this, your already haveing a meaningful life. : )

WOW! You have just totally destroyed the entire Christian beleif system. Congradulations!

(not really related to after life though, sry for being off topic)

Forget it, it is perfectly on topic!

You said your kids are home schooled. What kind of High School are oyu dealing with here?

My children are NOW homeschooled. I already explained, specifically to YOU, that this was not always the case. What kind of high school am I dealing with now? My own. In respect to my post? The local public high school for which I still pay taxes, but have no children currently attending. However, that does not release me from the responsibility as a member of my community to help out at that school as needed, when needed. As I was once a VERY involved parent while my children attended public school, I am still contacted on a semi-regular basis to assist at various school functions. I like to help, as long as it does not interfere with the at-home education of my own children.

Frogon, Irisheyes, Tim_lou, and other's that claim to know that there is a life after the one we have, that we as individual's go to another life/ plane/ ... and since the bible talks about reuiniting with our bodies at some point (yes you Christians all argue about WHEN), what about things like losing a limb, do you get it back? If you die of old age, senile, do you go to the next plane senile or with a healthy mind and body, IOW get young again.

My personal belief, based on studying my Bible, is that we will receive a glorified body that will resemble our current body. Will those people missing limbs spend eternity without arms or legs? My opinion is NO, they will not be limbless, or remain senile for eternity.

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

My personal belief, based on studying my Bible, is that we will receive a glorified body that will resemble our current body. Will those people missing limbs spend eternity without arms or legs? My opinion is NO, they will not be limbless, or remain senile for eternity.

So going to heaven fixes physical deformity and disease?

"So going to heaven fixes physical deformity and disease?"

yes, according to many of the NDE experiences, people see themselves and others (if present) in the "heaven" having sort of like a perfect form. (even for pets and the places theyr in)

soul is perfect, w/out a tiny bit of humanities. it is totally holy and perfect...

(one arugment saying that people are more willing to see their friends, relatives and pets in a perfect form, and NDEs experiences are said to be similar to what people willing to see. this is a arugment of the reality of NDEs, but if god does exist, he would probably let you see what your willing to see.)

Originally posted by: Tim_Lou

"So going to heaven fixes physical deformity and disease?"

yes, according to many of the NDE experiences, people see themselves and others (if present) in the "heaven" having sort of like a perfect form. (even for pets and the places theyr in)

soul is perfect, w/out a tiny bit of humanities. it is totally holy and perfect...

So if you lost your arm in an accident, you would grow one back?

What if you were born deformed, without an arm, as you say the soul is perfect, it would not have this defect, and thus in heaven this person would have an arm?