Science Forums

Is Time Travel Possible?

• 2 months later...

Time travel backward in time is impossible but time travel into the future is quite possible under the rules of General and Special Relativity, actually as the speed of light approaches time dilates. Time for the object in motion begins to actually move more slowly until it stops at the speed of light and time rate becomes zero to travel faster than the speed of light would make it to where you moved backward in time without warping space. If you are moving or warping space then it is not actually you moving but rather the space, so, there would be no time dilation until you hit a noticeable amount of gravitational pull then time would begin to slow again. So, time travel backward is impossible since you cannot travel faster than the speed of light without warping space.

Edited by VictorMedvil

yeah i walked back in time till i seen the ground said iron king kept walking near some old free mason farm houses. the roads were bricked.

I got home and I seen sillouettes of a snake and a cat on a wall. ive done weird things... July is gonna be crazy....

There are different levels of time travel.

A Type II civilization might run ancestor simulations until it randomly produces a matter arrangement that perfectly represents our neck of the cosmos with the same past that can be revisited in virtuoso. This would be necessary for ftl travel via QE-based remotely guided biological evolution (a form of information panspermia). I have written that, whether you're a parented civilization in baseline reality or a simulation of the parented civilization in virtual reality, choice would be nothing but an illusion to you.

A Type III civilization might network a collective hive-mind of matrioshka brains spanning nearly infinite galactic superclusters in a vast hierarchy of cosmological tiers, such an entity might come across a region of the universe that is identical to one it has experienced in the past since matter can only arrange itself in so many different ways eventually every situation or event repeats itself.

One such Omega Consciousness/Boltzmann Brain might be able to communicate via non-linear, trans-temporal signalling that goes backward & forward through time by creating & manipulating black holes (kugelblitz engines & active galactic core shkadov thrusters) to create a Mirror Consciousness in the Reverse Universe that experiences time in reverse; working & thinking backwards through time so that it can decipher & respond to it's normal temporal-linearity thoughts and transmit responses to itself into the actual past by moving things around (QE-based communication) & interpreting the meaning of those movements in the past, thereby circumventing the quantum eraser effect.

Edited by Super Polymath

There are different levels of time travel.

A Type II civilization might run ancestor simulations until it randomly produces a matter arrangement that perfectly represents our neck of the cosmos with the same past that can be revisited in virtuoso. This would be necessary for ftl travel via QE-based remotely guided biological evolution (a form of information panspermia). I have written that, whether you're a parented civilization in baseline reality or a simulation of the parented civilization in virtual reality, choice would be nothing but an illusion to you.

A Type III civilization might network a collective hive-mind of matrioshka brains spanning nearly infinite galactic superclusters in a vast hierarchy of cosmological tiers, such an entity might come across a region of the universe that is identical to one it has experienced in the past since matter can only arrange itself in so many different ways eventually every situation or event repeats itself.

One such Omega Consciousness/Boltzmann Brain might be able to communicate via non-linear, trans-temporal signalling that goes backward & forward through time by creating & manipulating black holes (kugelblitz engines & active galactic core shkadov thrusters) to create a Mirror Consciousness in the Reverse Universe that experiences time in reverse; working & thinking backwards through time so that it can decipher & respond to it's normal temporal-linearity thoughts and transmit responses to itself into the actual past by moving things around (QE-based communication) & interpreting the meaning of those movements in the past, thereby circumventing the quantum eraser effect.

If time travel is possible then it is via Quantum Entanglement like Polymath says, it is the only means of physics that we know of that travels faster than the speed of light. To Travel faster than the speed of light by traditional means would mean to go backward in time, I am certain that hyper-intelligence's would eventually figure it out. How to communicate backward of time which via Quantum entanglement is physically possible without any violation of Lorentz invariance, Virtual photons of Quantum Entanglement are by nature mass-less, so they would travel at the speed of light, Secondly, they have no energy thus can travel faster than light without Tachyon condensation or the Higgs mechanism generating Mass. Basically, all to say that I agree with polymath there is a way via Quantum entanglement we just aren't smart enough to figure it out.

800px-_SPDC_figure.png

entanglement.png

Another way would be to make a Dimensional doorway or Wormhole to the past using a Black-hole, but that would require a Dyson's sphere or way to manipulate the Black-hole into a state where we could turn it into a wormhole to the past. Quantum communication into the past is much easier than actual manifestation into the past physically. Physical manifestation of objects into the past with mass would require the technology for a tier 3 civilization or knowing exactly how to do it as Polymath says which humans will either never be able to do before extinction or will take thousands to millions of years to advance to that point being much harder to do. Wormholes also go faster than the speed of light by the warping of space around a passage way to a location, all forms of reverse time travel require you to go faster than light or particles that do with temporal de-synchronization which currently is beyond our level of technology but someday with sufficient understanding of the universe's rules maybe, but under the current rules it is impossible in SR and QFT, though GR and QM say it is definitely possible via these two methods only thus far.

Wormhole_560inline.jpg

wormholes-wormholes-are-hypothetical-are

rosenbridge.jpg

Wormhole Connection Present

ωA(m, rΘAωB(m, rΘB= 0

Wormhole Connection Not Present 

ωA(m, rΘA - ωB(m, rΘB ≠ 0

Edited by VictorMedvil

If time travel is possible then it is via Quantum Entanglement like Polymath says, it is the only means of physics that we know of that travels faster than the speed of light. To Travel faster than the speed of light by traditional means would mean to go backward in time, I am certain that hyper-intelligence's would eventually figure it out. How to communicate backward of time which via Quantum entanglement is physically possible without any violation of Lorentz invariance, Virtual photons of Quantum Entanglement are by nature mass-less, so they would travel at the speed of light, Secondly, they have no energy thus can travel faster than light without Tachyon condensation or the Higgs mechanism generating Mass. Basically, all to say that I agree with polymath there is a way via Quantum entanglement we just aren't smart enough to figure it out.

800px-_SPDC_figure.png

entanglement.png

Another way would be to make a Dimensional doorway or Wormhole to the past using a Black-hole, but that would require a Dyson's sphere or way to manipulate the Black-hole into a state where we could turn it into a wormhole to the past. Quantum communication into the past is much easier than actual manifestation into the past physically. Physical manifestation of objects into the past with mass would require the technology for a tier 3 civilization or knowing exactly how to do it as Polymath says which humans will either never be able to do before extinction or will take thousands to millions of years to advance to that point being much harder to do. Wormholes also go faster than the speed of light by the warping of space around a passage way to a location, all forms of reverse time travel require you to go faster than light or particles that do with temporal de-synchronization which currently is beyond our level of technology but someday with sufficient understanding of the universe's rules maybe, but under the current rules it is impossible in SR and QFT, though GR and QM say it is definitely possible via these two methods only thus far.

Wormhole_560inline.jpg

wormholes-wormholes-are-hypothetical-are

rosenbridge.jpg

Wormhole Connection Present

ωA(m, rΘAωB(m, rΘB= 0

Wormhole Connection Not Present 

ωA(m, rΘA - ωB(m, rΘB ≠ 0

I'm not talking about the non-locality interpretation of QE. These non-instantaneous quantum jump-tachyons do not go backward in time. They go through a dilated channel in time at about 46,777 times the speed of light in the form of sub-planck gw ripples.

These "black holes", also, are not wormholes. When I say reverse universe you and I are talking about two completely different things.

is what I meant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_w4HYXuo9M

Edited by Super Polymath

I'm not talking about the non-locality interpretation of QE. These non-instantaneous quantum jump-tachyons do not go backward in time. They go through a dilated channel in time at about 46,777 times the speed of light in the form of sub-planck gw ripples.

These "black holes", also, are not wormholes. When I say reverse universe you and I are talking about two completely different things.

is what I meant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_w4HYXuo9M

There is also the possibility that you should phase-shift the universe using a Delayed Choice Quantum eraser which is another method as you describe by breaking entanglement bonds within the universe, which is what Polymath is talking about.

maxresdefault.jpg

osc18.gif

hqdefault.jpg

This would cause a paradox only resolved by the universe changing the past, if you were to shift the universe's state by erasure of information in the past.

Edited by VictorMedvil