Science Forums

Putting Energy Equals Same Energy Gained

Is it true that you always end up with the same energy u put in a system just some is transfered to other types of energy?

For instance if you have a blown up balloon and you compress it. the potential energy is equal to what you compressed it with.

Could you leave a note and your profession. 

Is it true that you always end up with the same energy u put in a system just some is transfered to other types of energy?

For instance if you have a blown up balloon and you compress it. the potential energy is equal to what you compressed it with.

Could you leave a note and your profession. 

Yes it is true that energy is conserved. This is also known as the First Law of Thermodynamics.

It is both empirically observed to be so and is theoretically predicted to be so by Noether's Theorem. 

I am retired, used to be an oil technologist, and have a degree in chemistry from a UK university.  

Suble energies are like the energy that moves the wand at the point for water in the subsoil (only a few people are able to get so).

Some say that energy moves faster than the light.

Ah, you mean woo "energy". Sort of crystals-and-sh1t "energy". Like "vibrations", man.  Now I understand. I thought you meant energy. 

No, woo "energy" is pseudoscience and has no existence outside the imaginations of charlatans and fools. 

Matter vibrates or is vibration (shall we be able to use it?)

The wand grasped by the person able to search for water in the subsoil moves with extraordinary intensity; this is a sure fact.

(Maybe we need subtlety to get useful H fusion).

Ah, you mean woo "energy". Sort of crystals-and-sh1t "energy". Like "vibrations", man.  Now I understand. I thought you meant energy. 

No, woo "energy" is pseudoscience and has no existence outside the imaginations of charlatans and fools.

It's no more of an axiom than any other view on what matter is as far as I can tell about the topic in question.