Science Forums

M.s. In Pure Science - Career

NidhiSharma

I am pursuing M.SC. in Physics and  I am studying in IITs as I cracked Joint Admission Test for Physics. I wanted to know if US or Germany have some research based projects in Pure science. What are some good future research topics and career options for me. My field of interest is optics.

What a daft question, from someone supposedly studying for a 2nd degree in physics! 

Can you seriously doubt that two of the most advanced industrialised countries on the planet sponsor research projects in pure science? Their universities are full of such projects. 

• 11 months later...

hi,I do not advise pure sciences (especially pure mathematics).if you are not from a prosperous country and very very successful and lucky one,then it is extremely likely for  you to live some economic matters.

also,I am not sure about prosperous countries. because it is already logical : the more you are active the more you win money..

as one who deals with pure science ,these are my own opinions.

Edited by inverse

That necropost by spam refreshes nearly year old request and it's suddenly popular. Tis the season I guess.

@ OP and anyone with similar questions: Science is great if you don't mind being poor-ish. You're not likely to make more than a modest living with a physics degree unless you get a sub degree in Engineering. You're also by no means guaranteed to find a "job" that pays in the field. I know several people with Masters in either particle physics or astrophysics, and of them only ONE has a job in their degree's range. The others have become Bus Drivers, car salesmen, and construction workers. The Bus Driver makes more than the one actually using their degree, and works shorter hours. Keep that in mind when you're balancing the terror of future student loans and compound interest... :)