Science Forums

1 To 1 Ratio Increase Strength

jamesmatfheson

I am in the finishing stage of a long project and in the last stage I am trying to make a 1 to 1gear head increase strength

It is very burdening doing alone which is why  I am posting here

it has benefit to science because it makes something of lesser strength give more strength at the same speed and faster

than the object giving it strength, like if the heart was beating slow it would make the heart beat faster without increasing pressure

on the heart, or hopefully somehow it can be expanded

the motors are the same so the  2kg can move the 12 kg at the same speed[* Spam link removed *]

I am trying to make this

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AlzuxYCY66bcaaQz1

should be fun for anyone

I am in Canada ,

all thoughts are welcome

Edited by Buffy
Spam links removed

I am in the finishing stage of a long project and in the last stage I am trying to make a 1 to 1gear head increase strength

It is very burdening doing alone which is why  I am posting here

it has benefit to science because it makes something of lesser strength give more strength at the same speed and faster

than the object giving it strength, like if the heart was beating slow it would make the heart beat faster without increasing pressure

on the heart, or hopefully somehow it can be expanded

the motors are the same so the  2kg can move the 12 kg at the same speed[* Spam links removed *]

I am trying to make this

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AlzuxYCY66bcaaQz1

should be fun for anyone

I am in Canada ,

all thoughts are welcome

It sounds to me as if what you trying to do violates mechanics. If the gear ratio is 1:1 the torque exerted by the second gear will be the same as that exerted on the first. It can only be more if the the running speed is less i.e. you no longer have a 1:1 ratio. Edited by Buffy
[* Spam links removed *]

it said that a spur gear : Spur gear produces higher speed but with less torque.

so it has less torque than lets say a planetary and operate at the same rpm

makes lots of sense, there has to be gearing that has less strain and works at the same rpm

especially if what you say is true that it does violate the laws, what never stops to amaze me is no one is even trying

the guy from maxon said without question he could make it work by putting more or less coils on a motor to equal another

its amazing no one is trying

it said that a spur gear : Spur gear produces higher speed but with less torque.

so it has less torque than lets say a planetary and operate at the same rpm

makes lots of sense, there has to be gearing that has less strain and works at the same rpm

especially if what you say is true that it does violate the laws, what never stops to amaze me is no one is even trying

the guy from maxon said without question he could make it work by putting more or less coils on a motor to equal another

its amazing no one is trying

No one is trying because everyone knows it can't work, as I have just told you. 

It is rubbish to think that a spur gear produces a different torque from, say, a helical gear of the same diameter. The torque multiplication is determined solely by the ratio of the gear diameters. If that ratio is 1:1 there will be no multiplication of torque.   

Read this, for instance: https://www.quora.com/How-do-gears-multiply-torque

The guy from Maxon is talking about changing the torque of a motor, which is nothing to do with gears. 

Edited by exchemist

I made a clock charge a battery and im just looking to keep it wound and really im not into insults so try and lay off the rubbish cant be done stuff., this isn't an argument so please reframe from arguing if you don't agree then don't answer , if I wanted I can easily use a battery to accomplish what I am trying I am just trying new ideas,

I can use a renewable energy battery than can offset torque any amount I want the one to one is just a recommendation because the renewable energy battery only lasts 1 year ,

but just look at the torque difference 

This has 12kg cm[* Spam link removed *]

This has 2.0kg cm[* Spam link removed *]

exactly the same motors

Edited by Buffy
Spam links removed

I made a clock charge a battery and im just looking to keep it wound and really im not into insults so try and lay off the rubbish cant be done stuff., this isn't an argument so please reframe from arguing if you don't agree then don't answer , if I wanted I can easily use a battery to accomplish what I am trying I am just trying new ideas,

If you don't want comment, then don't post on a discussion forum! What do you expect?

Also, it would help if you would  learn the difference between an insult and a comment on the truth of an assertion. Apparently you are quoting from some source you have read. I am saying your source is talking rubbish, not that that you, personally, are an idiot.

You seem to have picked up some wrong ideas about mechanics: I am trying to set you straight and explain to you why you are not getting any interest in your ideas. 

Lastly, why do you keep including links to ebay? Are you trying to sell something?     

Edited by exchemist