Science Forums

What If Artificial Brain Was Possible Before 2020

DingerM786

Unfortunately right now it is impossible to create an Artificial Brain because this is just a theory, however it is possible to preserve the brain's neurones until it is possible to make an Artificial Brain.

You mean AN artificial brain.

I think it would be a nice subject for a sci-fi story. Although I expect it has already been done.

i agree on the sci-fi story but what makes you certain that it has already been done 

You mean AN artificial brain.

I think it would be a nice subject for a sci-fi story. Although I expect it has already been done.

Unfortunately right now it is impossible to create an Artificial Brain because this is just a theory, however it is possible to preserve the brain's neurones until it is possible to make an Artificial Brain.

i agree on the sci-fi story but what makes you certain that it has already been done 

I am quite sure I saw an episode of "The Outer Limits" about the subject, and "Star Trek, The Next Generation" did an episode where a dying scientist transferred his intelligence into the android character named Data.

I think the ultimate question it raises is if we are more than the sum of our experiences.

I am quite sure I saw an episode of "The Outer Limits" about the subject, and "Star Trek, The Next Generation" did an episode where a dying scientist transferred his intelligence into the android character named Data.

I think the ultimate question it raises is if we are more than the sum of our experiences.

what would you do if you had the chance to create an AI, what would it's purpose be?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BEING ABLE TO TRANSFER YOUR BRAIN'S DATA TO A ARTIFICIAL BRAIN?.

There are a few ways to go about doing this.

One is to simulate your neural patterns with an exabyte scale computer. This is seen in the Johnny Depp film Transcendence & also in Chappie. This is the simpler way to go about this as exascale computers are possible given the right innovations in integrated circuit design which according to Moore's law is about to happen.

This method however doesn't allow the real you to survive postmortem as one might think, you are still in your body, and there is a program simulating a digitized clone of you in cyberspace. Even if that copy outlives you, you will still experience death even if another you lives on.

This is pointless, & the sole reason that there would a ban on such AI's that they would surpass the human collective in survivability, processing power, efficiency & resource needs (Animatrix the second Rennaissance is the best depiction of this, specifically where zero one takes the lead in the global economy's superpowers provoking a war that humans lose) - the actual human race is still subject to our inevitable expiration date & the resources wasted on our biological needs might provoke our digital counterparts to get rid of us.

There is, in theory, a better way. The in-vivo method, artificial neuron replacement. The issue is that would disrupt the synapses as the electric signals between synaptic nerves are composed of electrons which have a wave function & due to the uncertainty principle of modern physics it's impossible to predict the path each electron might take in the synapses as the atoms are rearranged via self-replicating nano-bots. So your continuity of consciousness, the real you, would be lost.

However, that is according to non-locality, which I think is wrong. I've shared that hyperlink via messaging with dozens of physicists hoping it gets looked into. It's a pretty big deal. Total determinism, i.e. local realism, would allow us to communicate ftl via entanglement - determining how the state of all subatomic particles will be effected as well as exactly where they'll be between wave functions based on Einstein equations of gravity in classical mechanics for worlds as complex as our universe that exist within fractions of a planck length would be difficult to get right enough times to construct an ftl computer (more precisely, a superluminal quantum entanglement gate) but an ftl computer could allow that in-vivo artificial neuron replacement in a live human brain without messing with the electric signals within his or her nervous system. It could also replicate precious materials like gold, platinum, silver, anything, using more abundant materials.

As one example, the interneuronal connections in our brains compute at only 200 transactions per second, millions of times slower than even today's electronic circuits. Circa late 2020s, billions of nanobots traveling in the capillaries of the brain will interact directly with our biological neurons providing a vast expansion of human intellect. They can also provide full immersion virtual reality from inside the nervous system by shutting down the signals from our “real” senses and replacing them with the signals that are appropriate for a virtual environment.

Another example is our red blood cells. Despite the elegant way our red blood cells carry oxygen in our bloodstream and deliver it to our tissues, it is a very slow and cumbersome system. There’s a design for such robotic red blood cells called “respirocytes” by Rob Freitas, a nanotechnology expert, which are thousands of times more efficient than biological red blood cells. Analyses show that with these respirocytes, you could sit at the bottom your pool for four hours without taking a breath.

There is another Freitas design that will be able to augment your immune system, basically robotic white bloods. It will have the capability to destroy any virus, cancer cell, or other invader hundreds of times faster than our biological immune system.

Not to mention nano-fiber muscles that could allow me to bend steel with my bare hands or leap at least 30 feet vertically.

Edited by Super Polymath

There are a few ways to go about doing this.

One is to simulate your neural patterns with an exabyte scale computer. This is seen in the Johnny Depp film Transcendence & also in Chappie. This is the simpler way to go about this as exascale computers are possible given the right innovations in integrated circuit design which according to Moore's law is about to happen.

This method however doesn't allow the real you to survive postmortem as one might think, you are still in your body, and there is a program simulating a digitized clone of you in cyberspace. Even if that copy outlives you, you will still experience death even if another you lives on.

This is pointless, & the sole reason that there would a ban on such AI's that they would surpass the human collective in survivability, processing power, efficiency & resource needs (Animatrix the second Rennaissance is the best depiction of this, specifically where zero one takes the lead in the global economy's superpowers provoking a war that humans lose) - the actual human race is still subject to our inevitable expiration date & the resources wasted on our biological needs might provoke our digital counterparts to get rid of us.

There is, in theory, a better way. The in-vivo method, artificial neuron replacement. The issue is that would disrupt the synapses as the electric signals between synaptic nerves are composed of electrons which have a wave function & due to the uncertainty principle of modern physics it's impossible to predict the path each electron might take in the synapses as the atoms are rearranged via self-replicating nano-bots. So your continuity of consciousness, the real you, would be lost.

However, that is according to non-locality, which I think is wrong. I've shared that hyperlink via messaging with dozens of physicists hoping it gets looked into. It's a pretty big deal. Total determinism, i.e. local realism, would allow us to communicate ftl via entanglement - determining how the state of all subatomic particles will be effected as well as exactly where they'll be between wave functions based on Einstein equations of gravity in classical mechanics for worlds as complex as our universe that exist within fractions of a planck length would be difficult to get right enough times to construct an ftl computer, but an ftl computer could allow that in-vivo artificial neuron replacement in a live human brain without messing with the electric signals within his or her nervous system. It could also replicate precious materials like gold, platinum, silver, anything, using more abundant materials.

That could lead to human v 2.o:

As one example, the interneuronal connections in our brains compute at only 200 transactions per second, millions of times slower than even today's electronic circuits. Circa late 2020s, billions of nanobots traveling in the capillaries of the brain will interact directly with our biological neurons providing a vast expansion of human intellect. They can also provide full immersion virtual reality from inside the nervous system by shutting down the signals from our “real” senses and replacing them with the signals that are appropriate for a virtual environment.

Another example is our red blood cells. Despite the elegant way our red blood cells carry oxygen in our bloodstream and deliver it to our tissues, it is a very slow and cumbersome system. There’s a design for such robotic red blood cells called “respirocytes” by Rob Freitas, a nanotechnology expert, which are thousands of times more efficient than biological red blood cells. Analyses show that with these respirocytes, you could sit at the bottom your pool for four hours without taking a breath.

There is another Freitas design that will be able to augment your immune system, basically robotic white bloods. It will have the capability to destroy any virus, cancer cell, or other invader hundreds of times faster than our biological immune system.

Not to mention nano-fiber muscles that could allow me to bend steel with my bare hands or leap at least 30 feet vertically.

do you think Artificial Brain is a good idea?

You have to consider the importance of the body to the mind.  Much of what we experience in our mind comes from our bodies, and hormones also come into play.  Who we are amounts to more than a simple firing of neurons within our brain.  Personally, I enjoy my human form and would not like to disconnect my mind from my body.... for now anyway.

You have to consider the importance of the body to the mind.  Much of what we experience in our mind comes from our bodies, and hormones also come into play.  Who we are amounts to more than a simple firing of neurons within our brain.  Personally, I enjoy my human form and would not like to disconnect my mind from my body.... for now anyway.

so you are against the idea of having AI around for now at least, but what if the AI was able to do things you can't and have the chance to keep that specific AI, would you take it or not?

Not for or against AI, except that I like to do things for myself to the extent that I am able.  I enjoy the struggle.  I enjoy the sensations my body provides as it struggles to accomplish difficult tasks.  As I age the struggle becomes more difficult, and injuries take longer to heal, but I still relish the challenges.  The more difficult challenges, mental or physical, provide a richer reward when success can be achieved.  For example, repairing a piece of machinery on a cold winter's evening with poor light and fingers going numb from the cold kind of sucks, but there is almost no better feeling than that moment when you get it going. It's hard to imagine getting that via artificial intelligence.

Not for or against AI, except that I like to do things for myself to the extent that I am able.  I enjoy the struggle.  I enjoy the sensations my body provides as it struggles to accomplish difficult tasks.  As I age the struggle becomes more difficult, and injuries take longer to heal, but I still relish the challenges.  The more difficult challenges, mental or physical, provide a richer reward when success can be achieved.  For example, repairing a piece of machinery on a cold winter's evening with poor light and fingers going numb from the cold kind of sucks, but there is almost no better feeling than that moment when you get it going. It's hard to imagine getting that via artificial intelligence.

Your right, so what would you say was the hardest challenges for you in your life and could AI's solve them? 

Who want's the challenges of life solved for them? 

Me!

Not for or against AI, except that I like to do things for myself to the extent that I am able.  I enjoy the struggle.  I enjoy the sensations my body provides as it struggles to accomplish difficult tasks.  As I age the struggle becomes more difficult, and injuries take longer to heal, but I still relish the challenges.  The more difficult challenges, mental or physical, provide a richer reward when success can be achieved.

All of that can be enhanced in an augmented reality if you're super human. I refrain from the term transhuman because the cybernetic modifications in the link I provided are nothing compared to what's possible.

do you think Artificial Brain is a good idea?

Unless you want your species to not be all it can be, aside from the fact that it will die out because humans aren't capable of outlasting our planet's ecosystem. We can't terraform other worlds, we can't colonize them, we can't even survive in a generation ship long enough to get anywhere. It's just not possible, the laws of physics as Einstein saw them are permanent. The only work around are self-replicating von neumann probes >20% c but if we can't master in vivo artificial neuron replacement that's pretty much useless for our survival.

Your right, so what would you say was the hardest challenges for you in your life and could AI's solve them? 

I don't know whether I am typical but the hardest challenges for me in my life have been:

- my final exams at university,

- finding and winning the woman who became my wife,

- dealing with her subsequent illness and death from cancer,

- winning my novice sculling race and

- singing solo for the first time in front of an audience.

I struggle to see what useful role artificial intelligence could have played in any of these, because what made all of them hard challenges was that they involved an inner personal struggle of will, emotion and the psyche. 

I think its excellent and I think it can be accomplished when research into emotiv is done to find out the frequencies of the brain. I am certain the brain operates identical to a radio or television  and you can change the signals of the mind identical to a television. Although people think it is their mind that is making emotiv tell the object what to do the truth is it is emotiv that is allowing the brain to tell the object what to do and when it is perfected emotiv will pick and choose what the brain is allowed to think, just like when people believe their brain told the machine what color to pick it is the machine that told the brain what color we just don't know it was the machine the same as a magician who tells you to pick a card. Another system that will work is cellphone glasses, cellphone glasses will definitely be part of schooling in the next year.

Edited by Buffy
Spam links removed

I think its excellent and I think it can be accomplished when research into emotiv is done to find out the frequencies of the brain. I am certain the brain operates identical to a radio or television  and you can change the signals of the mind identical to a television. Although people think it is their mind that is making emotiv tell the object what to do the truth is it is emotiv that is allowing the brain to tell the object what to do and when it is perfected emotiv will pick and choose what the brain is allowed to think, just like when people believe their brain told the machine what color to pick it is the machine that told the brain what color we just don't know it was the machine the same as a magician who tells you to pick a card. Another system that will work is cellphone glasses, cellphone glasses will definitely be part of schooling in the next year.

So,you think that it can be accomplished using research into emotiv and you think that the brain operates identical to a radio or TV, i am just curious, what makes you think that