Science Forums

Smile If You Are A Day Dreamer

hazelm

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171024112803.htm

Daydreaming is good.  It means you are smart.  A brain study suggests that mind wandering at work or at home may not be so bad as you might think.  Evidence of too much mind capacity explains a real need to let the mind wander and become creative.   Good news for all day dreamers.  :-)

I'm totally in this group. I redefine all "procrastination" as "research and development." I watch teevee because I am a "student of popular culture."

It's a trap if you have no discipline, but it's one of the reasons I hire people! :cheer:

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well, :phones:

Buffy

I'm totally in this group. I redefine all "procrastination" as "research and development." I watch teevee because I am a "student of popular culture."

It's a trap if you have no discipline, but it's one of the reasons I hire people! :cheer:

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well, :phones:

Buffy

Is it really?  I keep telling my friends in Australia and Wales to not believe everything they see on Fox News or Reality.  Now you tell me it's for real?  Ugh!  :shocked:

Edited by hazelm

Is it really?  I keep telling my friends in Australia and Wales to not believe everything they see on Fox News or Reality.  Now you tell me it's for real?  Ugh!  :shocked:

What? Teevee? Oh as Theodore Sturgeon said, "ninety percent of everything is crap." And most crap isn't true either. But as we all know, that doesn't keep people from *believing* it, and thus most of "popular culture" is that "crap."

So you haven't told those friends anything that isn't true, and my experience is that they understand Americans better than most Americans do!

Advertising is the greatest art form of the twentieth century, :phones:

Buffy

What? Teevee? Oh as Theodore Sturgeon said, "ninety percent of everything is crap." And most crap isn't true either. But as we all know, that doesn't keep people from *believing* it, and thus most of "popular culture" is that "crap."

So you haven't told those friends anything that isn't true, and my experience is that they understand Americans better than most Americans do!

Advertising is the greatest art form of the twentieth century, :phones:

Buffy

This is very true. It is the reason why I think we should all bang the drum for discrimination. Without the ability to discriminate, one wades through crap all the time. 

As it happens I have not owned a TV for over 10 years.  And I've almost had to give up with even newspapers. I'm down to the Financial Times now. 

This is very true. It is the reason why I think we should all bang the drum for discrimination. Without the ability to discriminate, one wades through crap all the time. 

As it happens I have not owned a TV for over 10 years.  And I've almost had to give up with even newspapers. I'm down to the Financial Times now. 

Same here but nine years.  When things went digital and my little tv would not take the necessary box, I gave it up.  Never looked at it anyway and certianly not going to pay my ISP over $80 for one show every two or three weeks.

Hazelm