Science Forums

Reason For Hate

Deepwater6

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/protester-who-hugged-a-nazi-pleads-why-do-you-hate-me/ar-AAtKMJs?li=BBnb7Kz

I found this story amusing on many levels. First off, the guy with the shirt emblazoned with swastikas has a set on him, you have to give him that. It's easy to protest with a like minded crowd around you, but I believe that protesters of any cause that go solo into a crowd of the other side are very true to their cause and brave.

I find it amusing that the Nazi sympathizer eventually seemed to be wordless when asked why he was so hateful. I also find it amusing that protesters from the, "equality and tolerance for all side", were punching and spitting on someone they didn't like. I guess they don't tolerate everyone, such as people like him. 

So according to this account the Nazi didn't know why he hated the African American. I'd be interested to know the TRUE reason for the ultra right anger and fear. I also would like to know the reason for what is more prevalent among the ultra right, is it anger or fear? My guess is, it starts with fear, fear of too many undesirables will procreate or immigrate in America and destroy their vision of what the US should be. this fear then manifests itself to anger.

Former president Bush gave a speech this week largely seen to many as critical and a rejection of Trumps running of the office. He seemed to imply that Trump himself is fueling the deep division the country now experiences. I don't believe it's all him, but there are three things I am sure of. #1. there is trouble inside the GOP and clearly different politicians have drawn lines between camps to either be with him or have nothing to do with him. #2. I have absolutely no faith in the information Trump or his camp puts out anymore. #3 The media has always skewed information to make headlines, but it's been taken to another level and what's concerning is some ignorant people believe what ever they see on TV. As I've said in past the media today is free speech gone mad. I believe very little of what they say as well. Thoughts??...... 

A  small thought to add to your deep-thinking questions.  Did he just put on the shirt to get noticed?  There really are people like that.  Sometimes they don't even know what is behind the symbol they are sporting.  They think they want attention.  Sometimes, to their sorrow, they get it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/protester-who-hugged-a-nazi-pleads-why-do-you-hate-me/ar-AAtKMJs?li=BBnb7Kz

So according to this account the Nazi didn't know why he hated the African American. I'd be interested to know the TRUE reason for the ultra right anger and fear. I also would like to know the reason for what is more prevalent among the ultra right, is it anger or fear? My guess is, it starts with fear, fear of too many undesirables will procreate or immigrate in America and destroy their vision of what the US should be. this fear then manifests itself to anger.

Fear plays a big role in the spread of hatred, because some people ,when confronted by such extreme hatred will join in with the hope that they themselves  won't become the next target.  Then there are the people who feel intimidated enough to just look the other way, again with the hope that they will not be targeted.

I heard excerpts from G.W. Bush's speech, and from what I heard of it, it sounded like it may have been one of his best ever.

A  small thought to add to your deep-thinking questions.  Did he just put on the shirt to get noticed?  There really are people like that.  Sometimes they don't even know what is behind the symbol they are sporting.  They think they want attention.  Sometimes, to their sorrow, they get it.

You may very well be right.  Given how lacking so many people's understanding of history is, there are too many people who don't comprehend the evil that was perpetrated under the swastika symbol.

• 9 months later...