Science Forums

Gravitational Singularity

hazelm

My theory is that the Universe did not begin with an incredibly dense point, it was incredibly dense, but it was not a point, it fact it was incredibly dense and infinite in all directions, and then the density decreased rather suddenly. I believe there are some parts in the Universe where the Big Bang is still happening today, if you have an infinite universe, then every probability shows up somewhere in it, including regions of high density and regions of low density. I think when a certain level of high density is reached, gravity becomes a repulsive instead of an attractive force, it repels light, accelerates time. Remember what I said about Hawking radiation? Nothing can reach a black hole's event horizon, everything falling into a black hole gets frozen in time just outside the event horizon, virtual particles bombard the matter falling into a black hole until there is nothing left, the counter parts to the negative particles rush out of the black hole at nearly the speed of light. large black holes take trillions of years to radiate away and explode, but not as measured from someone falling into one, from that perspective the black hole will shrink and explode right away, before you can even reach it. It doesn't matter which black hole you fall into, if could be a galactic black hole with billions of solar masses, and it will still explode before you can reach its event horizon, such an explosion may resemble another Big Bang!

It makes more sense then the Big bang from a magical seed.

I sometimes wonder what is consciousness? Why do I see out of these eyes, and what is going to happen from my point of view, if I die? That is not very different from asking the question of what happens if someone falls into a black hole. From an outsider's perspective, someone who dies ceases to be, his body rots and his brain is destroyed. From the perspective of someone watching someone fall into a black hole, that person slows down as he falls into a region where time runs slower, and his length gets shorter in the direction of his fall, and he gets flatter and flatter, and the light reflected off of him gets red shifted as it climbs out of the gravity well of the black hole as well as getting red shifted by approaching the speed of light. But from an outsider's perspective, that person never quite reaches the event horizon. What does the person who falls into the black hole physically experience? assuming he is not physically destroyed before reaching the event horizon? "Forever" is compressed into an instance as he falls through the Event Horizon, is the experience the same as dying? In an infinite universe, theoretically one could be reincarnated with all one's memory intact simply through the random motion of molecules. I don't know if that is what will happen to me when I die! It might be more likely to happen to someone falling into a black hole, who knows? One dies rather quickly within a black hole I suppose, after all one is traveling at the speed of light at the moment one reaches the event horizon, and moment that will take forever to reach from the perspective of the outside Universe, but Hawking says, even black holes won't last forever, so will a black hole last long enough for one to fall into it?

I recall that time is stopped at the event horizon because the escape velocity is the speed of light, and the virtual particles that fall into a black hole are also slowed down before reaching the event horizon, if fact all the matter that made up the start before it collapsed into a black hole should still be just outside the event horizon as well. I think we have what's called a discontinuity here. A person ceases to think and to be aware, time simply ends at the Event Horizon and their isn't a moment past that of reaching the event horizon. Somewhere else in the universe a person may form with memories of falling into a black hole by random chance, in a part of the universe we can't see and can never travel to.

Edited by TomKalbfus