Science Forums

How To Build A Time Machine

TomKalbfus

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think even that computer could handle the amount of data that it would be faced with. Yesterday, I was going to calculate the amount of processing power you would need to simulate the entire universe down to the plank level but then I found a much simpler way of explaining this, As long as your device exists within the universe it cannot process the entire universe. That computer would probably range in the Yottaflops, what if I told you that could not even process a single meter cubed for one second of space exactly being on to the detail of 10^-35 Meters and 10^-44 seconds Yotta only being 10^24, your design would have to be much more massive. You would need a Yotta-Yotta-Yotta flop to calculate just one meter of space for one second to exact precision with all of its fine details. The Universe is not that simple, which at those sizes this the level that strings exist and in the time frame strings split into parallel universes, which would require you add another Giga to that Yotta-Yotta-Yotta flop to calculate all possible outcomes or all possible movements on the Planck Scale. you are already at 10^81 flops, just with one meter for one second between the speed of light and zero in all directions, I think you need to keep thinking about this. The size of the Universe is around 10^26 meters cubed, so to process the entire universe and all possible outcomes would require around a Giga-Yotta-Yotta-Yotta-Yotta-Yotta-Yotta Flop and that is only for one second, which is in the area of 10^153th flops. Then you would need to calculate an equation to calculate expansion from Dark energy of the universe, which would continuously add more points to calculate, which would be Ultra Easy for this Hyper Godlike Intelligence Computer which may laugh at how simple this is compared to that.

shodancrop.0.jpg

You may say those are floating point calculations, well all the numbers would be used to predict the forces at the string level until the computer still probably stack overflows. Below is the equation for expansion rate due to dark energy in the form of the Hubble constant start with that being the easiest for us Non-Computer Gods. I do think that you would be unable to even understand the output screen being in some sort of 26 Dimensional Matrix code like in the movie the matrix as they cannot even understand the code of the matrix, which would be much less complex than this only being 3-D matrix code.

r1kpVro.jpg

Yes, but a Quantum Computer can. Also, your view of the space time dimension is wrong. Secondly, you can only relate space and time, not calculate it. Read my topic on it for further details.

Edited by LewisTheBrindley

Yes, but a Quantum Computer can. Also, your view of the space time dimension is wrong. Secondly, you can only relate space and time, not calculate it. Read my topic on it for further details.

That is to calculate all possible states not you cannot get a single state but you can find the most likely based on all of the wave functions or states that show up. That 10^153th flops array would be about the same size as the universe down to every string, at that point you could find how many universe's include that state to find the most likely state of the object. It would be the same as calculating the position of the Fourier Transformation in summation form from many frequencies. frequency = 1 / time

ca921e206f8f8b6ddab3335419526e53.gif

Edited by Vmedvil

That is to calculate all possible states not you cannot get a single state but you can find the most likely based on all of the wave functions or states that show up. That 10^153th flops array would be about the same size as the universe down to every string,

No it wouldn't, that's what this guy said & Neil explained that you'd only need to do it for the size of the solar system to save computing power:

If you wanted recreate a past that's legit, you'd need an agent who lived in that past to give you historically accurate information.

A 500 year old transhuman, or thousands of ancient transhumans who were born as humans, have those memories & the synthetic neurons would offer total recall -

prime simulants can fill in the gaps of what information they didn't take in when they were humans just by reacting to situations in the past, experiences of a history they once shared.

Edited by Super Polymath

No it wouldn't, that's what this guy said & Neil explained that you'd only need to do it for the size of the solar system to save computing power:

If you wanted recreate a past that's legit, you'd need an agent who lived in that past to give you historically accurate information.

A 500 year old transhuman, or thousands of ancient transhumans who were born as humans, have those memories & the synthetic neurons would offer total recall -

prime simulants can fill in the gaps of what information they didn't take in when they were humans just by reacting to situations in the past, experiences of a history they once shared.

I don't think you understand the order of magnitude that 10^153th flops is, that solar system one would not even come close to making a accurate universe no where near in the same ball park, that is probably a Galactic Nano machine Quantum Entanglement communication grid if not larger worth of quantum computing, you could make it the size of the solar system but you would be missing the fine details of the universe which make Chaos Theory, so chaotic, to a machine with that intelligence  being only the solar system it would still be a chaotic system and not a "Defined" system which  Galactic Quantum Computer which has vastly more intelligence would see it as.

P2P_peer-to_peer.png

I don't think you understand the order of magnitude that 10^153th flops is, that solar system one would not even come close to making a accurate universe no where near in the same ball park, that is probably a Galactic Nano machine Quantum Entanglement communication grid if not larger worth of quantum computing, you could make it the size of the solar system but you would be missing the fine details of the universe which make Chaos Theory, so chaotic, to a machine with that intelligence  being only the solar system it would still be a chaotic system and not a "Defined" system which  Galactic Quantum Computer which has vastly more intelligence would see it as.

P2P_peer-to_peer.png

The physics only has to be real enough to trick consciousness, & actually any portion of the universe would require infinite computing power if you wanted to simulate the infinite regress of microverses between any two transplanckian points in continuous spacetime.