5 replies to this topic

#1 Vmedvil

Vmedvil

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Hello, I was wondering if there is equation for the Strong Nuclear Force Strength and Weak Nuclear Force Strength like Coulomb's Law or Newtonian Gravity. I would like it in Function of Force Form if possible. F(x) = (x) , It seems as if most of the other forces have equation such as this that explain it.

Newtonian Law of Gravity

Coulomb's Law of Electric Force

Coulombs-law-attraction-and-repulsion-e1

Lorentz Law of Magnetism 

fqvb.gif

Edited by Vmedvil, 28 September 2017 - 01:42 AM.

#2 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2847 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

Hello, I was wondering if there is equation for the Strong Nuclear Force Strength and Weak Nuclear Force Strength like Coulomb's Law or Newtonian Gravity. I would like it in Function of Force Form if possible. F(x) = (x) , It seems as if most of the other forces have equation such as this that explain it.

Newtonian Law of Gravity

Coulomb's Law of Electric Force

Coulombs_Law_Diagram.png

Lorentz Law of Magnetism 

fqvb.gif

This is not my field, but there is an interesting discussion of this question here: https://physics.stac...g-nuclear-force

It does not seem as straight forward as electromagnetism or gravitation.

#3 Vmedvil

Vmedvil

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:50 AM

This is not my field, but there is an interesting discussion of this question here: https://physics.stac...g-nuclear-force

It does not seem as straight forward as electromagnetism or gravitation.

That is very helpful that is in the form that I am seeking almost, Now what about the WNF. This though not as straight forward as EM or G is still much closer than any that I have found even though it is particle specific, meaning different for all particle pairs. The second equation in this page is much more general, based on the Yukama potential, add a 1/ Δx and it is Force, Now what about the WNF?

Edited by Vmedvil, 28 September 2017 - 04:52 AM.

#4 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2847 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:11 AM

That is very helpful that is in the form that I am seeking almost, Now what about the WNF. This though not as straight forward as EM or G is still much closer than any that I have found even though it is particle specific, meaning different for all particle pairs. The second equation in this page is much more general, based on the Yukama potential, add a 1/ Delta Time and Mass and it is in force. Now what about the WNF?

I found the link by a google search. Why don't you now do that for the weak force and show us what you find? 

#5 Vmedvil

Vmedvil

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:16 AM

I found the link by a google search. Why don't you now do that for the weak force and show us what you find? 

Lol, you googled and found that huh? Well, I googled and found this long equation for the WNF, I dunno I think you are better at this than I am.

sm-lagrangian1.gif

#6 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2847 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:31 AM

Lol, you googled and found that huh? Well, I googled and found this long equation for the WNF, I dunno I think you are better at this than I am.

sm-lagrangian1.gif

Yes I've now had a look too, and see what you mean. I can't help you further I'm afraid. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNF, Physics, Equation, Strength, Newton, QCD, QM, SR, GR, Function