Science Forums

Terrorism, September 11, 2001, Violent Islamic Jihad

scherado

Germany

Seyran Ates, preaches a genuinely "moderate Islam" but needs around-the-clock police protection.

Germany hosts many genuinely "moderate" Muslims who must live under police protection. They are journalists and activists who have challenged terror and radical Islam. Without protection, they would become "moderate martyrs". Ayaan Hirsi Ali fled to the US after the Netherlands refused to continue protecting her.

In Germany, it is not the Muslim supremacists, such as those who preach killing homosexuals, who have to live under police protection; it is the Muslims who criticize the supremacists. The only "crime" these concerned Muslims committed was to exercise their democratic right to speak -- not in Iran or Syria or Iraq -- but in Europe.

Britain

This is an example of what led me to write-off Britain as over the cliff, gone (a few years ago):

Golding, 35, and Fransen, 31, both from Penge in southeast London, were arrested on 10 May

This is a report about 2 people nobody has heard of, being charged for distributing inflammatory leaflets in connection with a rape trial where the accused were muslim.

It is not clear why this causes Scherado to have written off Britain. Does he think these 2 people should have been charged, or not?

The law under which they were charged is the same law that enables the police to charge people for distributing antisemitic literature.  Does he think the law should contain a specific exclusion, so that is it is lawful to whip up anti-muslim sentiment, but not antisemitic sentiment? Or does he think the law should be dropped entirely so that people are free to incite anti-semitic, anti-buddhist, anti-muslim and anti-christian sentiment equally? Or is his point an entirely different one?

(Expect either no response or at best a faux-weary reply, saying he should not have to spell it out and finding these questions unbebleepinglievable :) )

Edited by exchemist

From the USA, an example of the beginning of traversing the road to being "written off" (over the cliff). Capice?

Further, it is the insane contingent of the American Left that will be responsible for causing USA being sent over the edge (Sharia compliance at the expense of the pre-existing civil norms) while it will be the "armchair" passive observers and the American Right who will have allowed it to occur. Capice?

From the link:

The Fyre Festival–esque confusion deepened on Friday, when members of the Berkeley Patriot told KQED that Free Speech Week was canceled, confirming numerous suspicions among the far right that the event was too disorganized to continue. One member of the student group told reporter John Sepulvado that the event had simply gotten out of control, and that they had asked the Berkeley administration if it could rescind the invitation to Milo Inc.

Let the record show that UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA (USA), is the very same insane place that Admin "Buffy" told us owas her college. I presume that I don't need to provide that link.

Thanks for including the KQED link covering the so-called "Free Speech" week. It makes Milo and crew look like a bunch of incompetent idiots trying to make fun of Berkeley history, taking advantage of the fact that as a government-run institution they are bound by the First Amendment. As the article says, it's the right wing organizers themselves who've cancelled, and "have not communicated the cancellation with the school, and so the university will continue to prepare for the event."

So much for stifling free speech. And these idiots can't even pull off a publicity stunt. Bozos.

My cousins were involved in the Free Speech Movement demonstrations in 1964, my brother-in-law was injured in the anti-war protest in the spring of 1969, and my mother wrote her master's thesis on the Loyalty Oath controversy at Berkeley in the 1950s. I'm one of a dozen Berkeley grads in my family and we're happy to defend the place. If you'd like to debate freedom of speech and its history, go ahead, make my day.

Go Bears, :phones:

Buffy

Thanks for including the KQED link covering the so-called "Free Speech" week. It makes Milo and crew look like a bunch of incompetent idiots trying to make fun of Berkeley history, taking advantage of the fact that as a government-run institution they are bound by the First Amendment. As the article says, it's the right wing organizers themselves who've cancelled, and "have not communicated the cancellation with the school, and so the university will continue to prepare for the event."

So much for stifling free speech. And these idiots can't even pull off a publicity stunt. Bozos.

My cousins were involved in the Free Speech Movement demonstrations in 1964, my brother-in-law was injured in the anti-war protest in the spring of 1969, and my mother wrote her master's thesis on the Loyalty Oath controversy at Berkeley in the 1950s. I'm one of a dozen Berkeley grads in my family and we're happy to defend the place. If you'd like to debate freedom of speech and its history, go ahead, make my day.

I'm quite sure I'd prefer to stick a pencil into my ear,... both ears.

Thanks for the offer. When I read that you had attended Berkeley, and particularly at that time, it was all I needed to know...with respect to an explanation.

Edited by scherado

Welcome as entry #4 on the list.

Congratulations!! (Deep 6 into the water.)

(Schwing!!!!! Top of the page.)

WA-HOOO, I new I could do it, and I owe it all to you sling shot. You bring out the dampness in us all.

I'm a good example of a descendent of immigrants making it in this country, despite the undue irrational manic anti-immigrant sentiment they had to overcome when they got here.

There are many good Muslim people who are trying to legally enter this country to make a better life for themselves and their families. They should not be held accountable, penalized, and, ostracized by the world for crimes extremists who just happen to share the same race committed. No more than you should be held accountable for the atrocities that were undertaken by others of your race.  

Don't get absorbed in the media headlines trying to sell ads. Go out and engage some of these people your so concerned will attack us.

Do yourself a favor Schlep, judge the person not the race. 

All kidding aside, I think you'll find there are a hell of a lot more good people than bad. Think about it.

Well, I imagine Berkeley *is* intimidating for you. I know you're from New York, did you go to:

All I meant by my references to Berkeley is that I know the difference those who participated in the events of the late mid-late 60s, early 70s and those who participate (and support) "Antifada"

Do you?

I have a B.A. in Computer Mathematics from Marist College, Poughkeepsie.

How disingenuous.

When I read that you had attended Berkeley, and particularly at that time, it was all I needed to know...with respect to an explanation.

All I meant by my references to Berkeley is that I know the difference those who participated in the events of the late mid-late 60s, early 70s and those who participate (and support) "Antifada"

Do you?

Well, which is it? Is someone having "attended Berkeley, and particularly at that time, it was all I needed to know..." or are you going to be embarrassed, step back and ask people?

Chris Stevens, who the right has turned into some sort of strange martyr-fetish "murdered by Hillary" was in my class at Berkeley. What does that make you think of him now?

Are you against Free Speech? Why should you be against anyone who even went to school at the same time that FSM or the anti-war movement was going on? Are you that prejudiced about everyone and all differences?

It this is how you pick friends, it's a wonder you have any at all.

Do you?

You can't disobey the rules every time you disapprove. However, when you're considering something that constitutes an extreme abridgement of your rights, conscience is the court of last resort, :phones:

Buffy

Do you?

I have a B.A. in Computer Mathematics from Marist College, Poughkeepsie.

Do you think he means Intifada? Sort of like capice, benefitial, chaffe -  and covfefe? 

Not sure how you "participate Antifada" (or intifada) either. Though I can see how one might participate in an intifada (there have been about a dozen in the recent history of Arabic-speaking countries). 

.........Do we think Marist College did a good job here?  

Edited by exchemist

I think he was trying for "antifa" which is an abbreviation of "anti-fascists" that before last month was only used by White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis. 

You see, it's all of a sudden become fashionable among most "conservatives" to consider being against fascism a bad thing.

But as commie liberal Orrin Hatch said:

DHD_EwFXoAA9FKS.jpg

But many "conservatives" think that at least some White Supremacists are "very fine people."

Churchill didn't dance around the Nazis; he called it fascism, :phones:
Buffy