Science Forums

Self Rotating Wheel...

Raj

I have a self rotating wheel concept, currently UK patent pending, a kind of bessler wheel.

I am 72 years old, in Mauritius, an ex UK resident graduate. I do understand what I am claiming is contrary to scientific belief and the laws of thermodynamics.

I do not know where to turn to get some peer review of my invention.

I am looking forward to some academics scienceforums members to help me with undertaking a review of my invention. Or else guide me to where I can get my concept publicised.

Hoping to have some positive reply, with heartfelt thanks,

I am,

Raj

Mauritius.

I have a self rotating wheel concept, currently UK patent pending, a kind of bessler wheel.

Hello - I would like to offer you some useful advice, but I do have some experience of patents. A patent office might grant a patent for an invention which does not work, because they are not obliged to demonstrate that it doesn't, and you are not obliged to prove that it does. The exception to this is where a device clearly contravenes basic laws of physics, they will then refuse the patent.

I am 72 years old, in Mauritius, an ex UK resident graduate. I do understand what I am claiming is contrary to scientific belief and the laws of thermodynamics.

I do not know where to turn to get some peer review of my invention.

I am looking forward to some academics scienceforums members to help me with undertaking a review of my invention. Or else guide me to where I can get my concept publicised.

Hoping to have some positive reply, with heartfelt thanks,

I am,

Raj

Mauritius.

If you can refer us to diagrams, it is possible we may be able to help you identify the source of the error.

However the trouble with all these supposed perpetual motion machines is that the inventor invariably creates a device that is particularly hard to analyse, duly fails to analyse it correctly, and then convinces himself he has discovered perpetual motion. I have no doubt that this is what you too have done. We had a German bloke last year who thought he had discovered it by using surface tension. It took ages to get to the bottom of why it couldn't work - though it was an interesting brain-teaser trying to work it out. 

It may even be that the UK patent office examiner will not be able to spot the flaw. (In the US however, they have a blanket ban on granting a patent for any form of perpetual motion machine, so your application would be thrown out automatically.)     

• 4 weeks later...

If you can refer us to diagrams, it is possible we may be able to help you identify the source of the error.

However the trouble with all these supposed perpetual motion machines is that the inventor invariably creates a device that is particularly hard to analyse, duly fails to analyse it correctly, and then convinces himself he has discovered perpetual motion. I have no doubt that this is what you too have done. We had a German bloke last year who thought he had discovered it by using surface tension. It took ages to get to the bottom of why it couldn't work - though it was an interesting brain-teaser trying to work it out. 

It may even be that the UK patent office examiner will not be able to spot the flaw. (In the US however, they have a blanket ban on granting a patent for any form of perpetual motion machine, so your application would be thrown out automatically.)     

Bring it but if I smite you like the last couple of "inventors" of perpetual motion devices don't feel alone, just doing a proper peer review as an inventor myself. There is a 99.9999% chance of failure on perpetual motion invention.

fsKOzKs.jpg

Edited by Vmedvil