Science Forums

Quantum Scanner

maheshkhati

This idea comes to my mind when I was reading quantum entangle was used by China for hack free communication. China uses quantum keys which was entangle to one another. If communication is hacked, this quantum key will break & entangle will break.

I just consider that this can be used by man on earth to scan topography of other planet directly from earth without sending any satellite.

1) Just consider on Tibet on mountain one scanner is install. This scanner fire stream of quantum entangle keys in stream on Moon surface. We know distance of Moon from Earth. So, we easily find probable time when this stream of entangle keys will hit the Moon ground. Now, just check the keys store on ground just at the same probable time when entangle photon hit the surface & get absorbed. At that time, this entangle will break. Now, just checking store keys on ground we can find (at the time) that Nth number of one  key lost its entangle. This will give exact distance of that surface spot from scanner by knowing travel time of Nth key.

This activity can easily repeated & can fire closed placed keys. This will give you location of one spot on moon. 

Once we get one spot, this quantum gun will scan second spot near to it. & in some second, this scanner computer will create 3D map of scan surface.

This is not impossible.

I want your comments on this new idea because this has huge potential to develop like FTL communication.

Thanks.

Edited by maheshkhati

It's not clear what you're trying to accomplish here. As you seem to say, quantum-entangled photons as used in the Chinese experiment could indeed be sent to the moon (the Chinese sent them from a satellite to multiple ground stations), but it's not clear how you'd measure them--and yes then break the entanglement--or what this would accomplish.

We already have very detailed maps of the moon created via normal lidar techniques via the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.  Lidar of course does use laser light to bounce photons off the surface, but it's not clear what making those photons quantum entangled would add.

It’s the unknown that draws people, :phones:

Buffy

In 2010, I read that one photon is spited in to 3 photon in the experiment. definitely all three will be entanglement with each other.

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100728/full/news.2010.381.html

Now in 2017, I find many papers where more than 3 photons are entangle with each other used for communication keys.

From above this is clear that three entangle keys of photons can be created & if one key is read, other two will break up from entangle. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Now, this can be used for FTL & quantum scanner.

For FTL communication :-Now, there are 3 points A & B on ground & C is go synchronize satellite.

Let, distance AC & BC are exactly same.

Now, from Satellite C, three entangles keys are fired. one at point A & two at point B.

Now, if I read key at point A, entangle between three particle will break up instantaneously & will find that two keys at point B is not entangle. ( Digitally I call this as 1)

Now, if I not read key at point A, entangle between three particle will not break up instantaneously & will find that two keys at point B is perfectly entangle. ( Digitally I call this as 0)

Means, affecting key at point A, entangle of two keys at point B is affected instanteniously.

This is FTL communication.

& 0,1 0,1 can be transmitted from point A to point B instantaneously.

Same Technic can be used for quantum scanner because quantum key definitely break when it fall on solid ground.

(please correct me if I am wrong because this is new idea. we can correct it now)

Edited by maheshkhati

The process you're describing is not terribly clear, so it's hard to judge it's validity, but the question I asked doesn't depend on any of that.

Your OP seems to indicate that you are proposing a method of 3D mapping that utilizes quantum entangled photons, but it would seem to be considerably more difficult than existing methods and at best provide no better results (in fact seems to provide much worse results because there's no obvious mechanism for doing the detection since you want to measure at contact when the entanglement breaks).

What is it that you are trying to accomplish and why would it be superior? If those things are not your goal, how do you propose to actually do the detecting in a way that is superior to Lidar?

The life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully, :phones:

Buffy

I think, if this Technic is properly developed then this will change the present technology of space. Just using small pulse of photons, we can detect any hard point in space ( As internal magnetic field acts on photons or photons get absorbed in hard point of any surface, entangle will definitely break) & can communicate instantaneously.

For example, by putting such scanner satellite in space & sending some parallel entangle keys. WE can map 10 cm X 10 Cm surface of Mars exactly.

We require 3 minutes to 22 minutes for communication up to Mars. This can be reduce to zero.

This can be done. Human always create which is consider to be impossible in past. Just consider in 2010 photon break in to three photon was a news in Nature magzine. In 2017, Chines are created 10 pairs of entangle photons.

World is changing fast.

I don't say, I am not wrong but to see dream in not wrong.

Thanks