Science Forums

Vegan Mango Soup

blackmint

OK - guessing this is for cook books that you really like...[/size]

well I have a considerable number of them, all vegetarian or vegan.[/size]

This particular one is a vegan Indian cook book and we use a minimum of 1 recipe a week from it, usually more. If you like spices, then this is the book for you. 1 recipe I have done (which tastes fantastic and is on this week's menu yet again has 12/13 different spices in it.[/size]

It has loads of different recipes, all very easy to follow, well explained, though I have had to google one or two of the dahls and spices to see what they actually are called in the UK...[/size]

Edited by Buffy
Spam links removed

OK - guessing this is for cook books that you really like...

well I have a considerable number of them, all vegetarian or vegan.

This particular one is a vegan Indian cook book and we use a minimum of 1 recipe a week from it, usually more. If you like spices, then this is the book for you. 1 recipe I have done (which tastes fantastic and is on this week's menu yet again has 12/13 different spices in it.

It has loads of different recipes, all very easy to follow, well explained, though I have had to google one or two of the dahls and spices to see what they actually are called in the UK...

I have to say I don't fancy the idea of mango soup. Surely it is far too sweet?

But I will pass on my hot tip for getting the water out of cooked spinach. Use a salad spinner, one of those centrifuge things wound with a handle to get lettuce dry after washing. So long as you don't cook it too long it won't go through the holes. Then you get it out of the spinner into a serving dish, put plenty of butter and freshly ground black pepper on it and mix in. 

I have to say I don't fancy the idea of mango soup. Surely it is far too sweet?

But I will pass on my hot tip for getting the water out of cooked spinach. Use a salad spinner, one of those centrifuge things wound with a handle to get lettuce dry after washing. So long as you don't cook it too long it won't go through the holes. Then you get it out of the spinner into a serving dish, put plenty of butter and freshly ground black pepper on it and mix in. 

I like your idea, it will make the feast even better!

Please note that blackmint is posting spam links to promote a home improvement site in Vietnam, but unlike most spam bots, his posts are entertaining, so I've just been deleting his links instead of banning him.

You were safe on a troll. Anyone wanting to mug a troll would have to use a building on a stick, :phones:

Buffy

Please note that blackmint is posting spam links to promote a home improvement site in Vietnam, but unlike most spam bots, his posts are entertaining, so I've just been deleting his links instead of banning him.

You were safe on a troll. Anyone wanting to mug a troll would have to use a building on a stick, :phones:

Buffy

In that case I feel I've been had. There is not going to be any real discussion with a spammer. I'll leave the prick alone henceforth. 

Edited by exchemist

In that case I feel I've been had. There is not going to be any real discussion with a spammer. I'll leave the prick alone henceforth.

Please don't feel "had," this spammer was quite creative and it took a lot of effort on his part. I kind of give him kudos. Kind of.

I actually love mango in foods, and there's no reason not to continue on with this topic if anyone is interested.

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup, :phones:

Buffy

Please don't feel "had," this spammer was quite creative and it took a lot of effort on his part. I kind of give him kudos. Kind of.

I actually love mango in foods, and there's no reason not to continue on with this topic if anyone is interested.

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup, :phones:

Buffy

Fair enough. If others, i.e. non-spammers who genuinely want to have a discussion join in, then that will be OK.

But thanks for the tip-off. I won't reply any more of his posts meanwhile.