Science Forums

What Is The Level Of Acceptance For 'wiki-Pedia' References?

scherado

I just read a person's account of his experience on September 11, 2001, which I did not know prior to reading it this morning. He was in Manhattan and took the long walk North and away from downtown.

Many just walked. They didn’t know where they were going. I was one of them.

At Union Square, I passed NYU students painting anti-war placards even as the downtown sky behind them was painted the color of bone. They ignored the crowd streaming up past them and focused intently on making all the red letters in NO WAR line up neatly on the white cardboard.

On September 11, some of us opened our eyes. Others closed them as hard as they could.

That Tuesday irrevocably divided my generation. Some joined the military, the police or became analysts. Others turned left-wing activists, volunteered as lawyers for terrorists or converted to Islam.

Everything I needed to know about Islam, I learned on September 11. The details of the theology came later. I couldn’t quote the Koran while the sirens were wailing. But I learned the essential truth.

“Where were you?” is not just a question to be asked about September 11, 2001. It is an everyday question. What are you doing today to fight the Islamic terrorists who did this? And tomorrow?

September 11 has come around again. You don’t have to run into a burning building or wrestle terrorists with your bare hands. But use the day to warn others, so you can answer, “Where were you?”

I can't give proper attribution to this quote for the reason that the author is a "Jew" and it was found on a site that an Administrator here has deemed, "not a reliable source." Nevertheless, I do believe his account.

(Schwing! Top of the page.)

Edited by scherado

Unless it does. Do I need to explain that sentence? I will if it is necessary. Those three words are a direct and unassailable refutation of your assertion. I will be the judge of whose criticism of "Isreali government/policies" is antisemetic. I can't believe I needed to type that sentence.

Preposterous question. Further, I did not make it clear-enough in post #12 above that I was very surprised to read the content in "exchemist"'s reply in post #2, though I have been exposed to those sentiments and beliefs over many years and my need to define "Likudniks", notwithstanding.

Back on topic, if desired.

Yes you need to explain that sentence, because if something "anti-" then the comment about frontpagemag is anti-fascist. Click on the who are we then go to the center's program and personel and see this:

(http://www.davidhorowitzfreedomcenter.org/school-for-political-warfare/)

To identify the enemies of America and free societies generally, the Center has created a unique online encyclopedia of the Left providing profiles of leftist organizations and individuals, and providing explanations of their over-arching sinister agendas, which are often concealed behind universally appealing values such as peace and justice.

And now replace Left with Jews and leftist with jewish and then tell me if it does not sound like nazi-propaganda? I guess you will say that is far fetched and not comparable, I agree insofar the consequences are not comparable at all! But fascism today has a different face and is defined as http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fascism:

a political system based on a very powerful leader, state control, and being extremely proud of country and race, and in which political opposition is not allowed

The only thing that misses so far is "a very powerful leader"...

And they have the same conspiracy theories like those you find in anders breiviks manifesto.

I will be the judge of whose criticism of "Isreali government/policies" is antisemetic. I can't believe I needed to type that sentence.

You are just sooo cool and smart right, the ultimate judge of people and if you say so it is and has to be for everyone? In your had you can judge as you want, on the forum here you have to motivate it.

Anyway, feel free to add me to your list, but do read carefully what I wrote, because if you tag me as anti-semite then you understood nothing I said. For the record, I think there is no country I do not criticise something of, but it always motivated by actions of the respective governments, never cared about religion.

Okay, but as I say, it's pretty mild, and half of Israelis freely use it. It's pretty much equivalent to "right-wing nut job" in the US.

So remove the mildly pejorative "Likudnik" and what you're left with is a completely factual statement. Ben Shapiro and David Horowitz are Jews and do run a far-right publication with a pro-Israel agenda.

So...

Not in the least. What are you offended by?

Amazona

Amazona

Aw, how sweet! I had a huge crush on Brian Ferry in high school!

I understand the condescending reference, but I assure you I don't take it personally. So really, will you "take me there" and explain why you're offended?

It's incredibly sick, you can feel it, as across the land it flows, :phones:

Buffy

Anyway, feel free to add me to your list,

Are you serious?

I've never been a member of a forum that allows Administrators or Moderators to be on the ignore lists of it's members.

Huh?

------------edit

In your had you can judge as you want, on the forum here you have to motivate it.

Will you (or somebody) explain this?

Will you be so kind and reword that sentence?

Edited by scherado

Lol you are funny, you come up with your self-stated ignore-list which is anyway only personal (the forum does not have the feature to hide posts from users). So it is just which posts you decide to read. And we can not (and do not want to) to force anyone to read anything. So yeah, you can put me on your list...even if I am an admin.

As to the second sentence you quoted from my post. Before replying to that, please note that you are only replying to the stuff which might not challenge your views. Wanna be a valuable member challenge my assertions on frontpagemag...
Anyway you said:

I will be the judge of whose criticism of "Isreali government/policies" is antisemetic. I can't believe I needed to type that sentence.

To which I replied:

You are just sooo cool and smart right, the ultimate judge of people and if you say so it is and has to be for everyone? In your had you can judge as you want, on the forum here you have to motivate it.

And to use your favorite sentence, "I can't believe I need type the following sentences" to explain this. What you say in bold is that you are the judge, as in you rule something to be antisemitic and then it is and has to be for everyone. This not how a forum works, you can make a judgement for yourself and deem it antisemitic (that's the part "in your head you can judge as you want"), but when you say it out loud here on a forum and even use it to populate your list (:-)), you have to support your claim (hence argue against my frontpagemag comments). Remember continuously not supporting your claims is in our forum rules as reason for banning, see here http://www.scienceforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

What you say in bold is that you are the judge, as in you rule something to be antisemitic and then it is and has to be for everyone. This not how a forum works, ...

No, it is how English works. I meant that you won't decide for me. You wrote THIS:

... criticising the actions of the Isreali government/policies has nothing to do with antisemitism.

You might be more dangerous than "Buffy."

I was quite clear that whatever is or is not at Frontpage, that none of it has anything to do with my decision to boycott the subject website, which, in the OP is NOT Frontpage. The subject website is the one identified in this thread's title. If you want to debate the content of Frontpage, start your own thread.

You used frontpage as an additional support of your reasons to boycott wiki...true not as the main reason, but still you used it. And I (and others) argued why that is a bad source for support. So not off-topic, sorry.

Why this makes me more dangerous I do not know, but I agree that there is some correction needed to my statement

.. criticising the actions of the Isreali government/policies has nothing to do with antisemitism.

Namely, it should be .. criticising the actions of the Isreali government/policies does not have to do something with antisemitism. Because I am sure there are plenty of antisemites who criticise the Israeli government and policies just because they are jewish. I never cared about the religion, but I do care about illegal settlements, land grab etc. Exactly like I did  with Crimea...

You used frontpage as an additional support of your reasons to boycott wiki...true not as the main reason, ...

Please note that the truth-value of the article does not change anything. I was boycotting the site for about six years before [the date of the article and it had zero influence on my decision to boycott the subject website.]

Please note my revised OP.