Science Forums

What Is The Ultimate End Game Invention In These Fields?

Maximum7

... wouldn't it be for the participants to become masters of the forces of nature?

That's indeed the goal of any scientific endeavor, but as we know, it seems pretty clear that "total mastery" is literally impossible. Every time man thinks he's mastered nature, nature disabuses him of that silly notion.

Of course, without wisdom, humanity will self destruct first.

If there was actual mastery though, wisdom actually might come with it. I personally think we have more to worry about the "false feeling of mastery" and the stupid things that are attempted with it.

If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all, :phones:

Buffy

1. Chemistry

2. Physics

3. Computers

4. Biology

5.) Medicine

6.) Agriculture

7.) Agriculture

8.) Geology

9.) Psychology

I see you are interested in inventions in these fields, rather than discoveries. 

I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to think of an "end game", when it comes to inventions. Who knows what the human race might find valuable?

In the inventions field I read an interesting article in Scientific American this week. The title of the article was "Cut That Last Cord". It explained how we have made just about everything around us wireless, eliminating cables for video, data, and phone use. What hasn't been achieved yet is wireless battery charging, but there are a few companies close to an answer.

The key is for future phones/tablets to be fitted with a receiver that will convert WI-FI like waves back into power. It also has hurdles to overcome, for now most can't put out or convert enough power to charge your device, but they are working on it.

I'm not sure how the power companies will react to such devices. Yes the charging device that stays in your house may have to be plugged in, but multiple devices could be charged from it I suppose. Oh Mr. Tesla, where have you gone?

Anyway I believe the endgame for technology is a chip in all our wrists. At least for the near term future. You will be able to make phone calls, swipe it at the grocery store, and gas stations to pay for items. It may allow you to text, tweet, and somehow access Facebook. It will also give you security access to sensitive area's of your work place.

I don't think this will be the end game of technology, but it's getting closer.