Science Forums

Post Interesting Quotes

serenesam

"What I miss in astrological literature is chiefly the statistical method by which certain fundamental facts could be scientifically established." - Carl Jung

"In cases of difficult psychological diagnosis I usually get a horoscope in order to have a further point of view from an entirely different angle." - Carl Jung

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"It was not long before I was aware that also all my movements were prompted in the same way, and so, searching, observing, and verifying continuously, year by year, I have, by every thought and every act of mine, demonstrated, and do so daily, to my absolute satisfaction, that I am an automaton endowed with power of movement, which merely responds to external stimuli beating upon my sense organs, and thinks and acts and moves accordingly. I remember only one or two cases in all my life in which I was unable to locate the first impression which prompted a movement or a thought, or even a dream." - Nikola Tesla

"I am the whirlwind."

*Looks into the Vortex*;"Paul! I'm scared. I can't go there, that is the place we cannot go!"

"I am already there."

"You are the Kwisatz Haderach!" (Shortener of the way; the prophetic male bene gesseret with access to both maternal & paternal ancestral memories)

"No, I am something more, something unexpected. I am the one who can be many places at once (a guild navigator, a mentat, & a bene gesseret all in one), the giver and the taker. I am the master of fate, I am the tool of fate."

-Muad'dib after transmutating the poisonous water of life (Dune Saga TV series

Edited by Super Polymath

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"Simply put: if a very complex job or role requires an IQ of 145, three standard deviations above the mean and characteristic of less than one percent of the general population, then a group with a higher average IQ will be exceptionally over-represented in such enterprises." - Dr. Jordan Peterson

• 2 weeks later...

"Every ENTJ I’ve ever met has this slightly vague look in their eyes, like they see you but at the same time they don’t. I’ve been told that I do this and that it’s mildly unsettling at times." - Kathleen-June Horne

I just remembered someone on some INTP Reddit said that the above is the most ego boasting article ever.  :roll:

"Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love." - Agent Smith from The Matrix Revolutions.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ― Isaac Asimov

"They're usually very good-looking and well-dressed. If you're immediately attracted to someone, they're probably an ENTJ." - Nicki (username of a forum) made on 03-29-2013.

"I've never noticed anything too striking about our dudes, but I've yet to meet an unattractive ENTJ woman." - Wind Up Rex (username of a forum) made on 03-29-2013.