Science Forums

Eclipse In St Louis Area

hazelm

I do not know if this will work.  I want to paste a link to what we are supposed to have seen here yesterday.  If you get to see it, please tell me:  Are those clouds or coronal flares off the face of the sun before it got covered?  The reason I ask is that we had no clouds here yesterday.  Nor did we have any wind.  Not having wind is unusual but yesterday was hot and steamy with no wind whatsoever to ease the misery.  I suppose there could have been winds far higher but clouds that we didn't see?  What do you think?  And at such speed?  That would indicate strong winds.  Is it possible they are coronal flares?

For what someone can make of it:  https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2017/08/21/how-st-louis-contributed-to-700-million-in-lost.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2017-08-21&u=FkpmK0Eau3e18rqgHEzdMg01e7baa2&t=1503347839&j=78728311

Oh, I have had that picture since yesterday.  It appeared in St Louis Biz Journal mid-afternoon.  What I am referring to is the moving/blowing "clouds"- if they are clouds and not plasma swirling across the sun's face.

Edited by hazelm