Science Forums

The Non-Equilibrium Of Interacting Particles

hazelm

Being a bona fide member of this "non-equilibrium of interacting particles", I absolutely  must share this with you.  Every member of the most vulnerable of the particles will love it.  And I think every neurobiologist will get a bit of a kick out of points 8 and 9.  Even the physicists may appreciate it since it was a study from The New Journal of Physics that inspired its writing.

http://discovermagazine.com/2017/sept/20-things-you-didnt-know-about--traffic

If you happen to receive Discover magazine,  this is in the September 2017 issue, page 74:  "20 Things You Didn't Know About -----Traffic.  Forgive me if I seem a bit overly-enthused but I think it is wonderful.  Of course, the author's intentions in reporting it were deadly (oops! pun?) serious but we smallest of the particles see more to it, having "been there; done that".  Feels good to know we are seen by someone.

P. S.  Is "neurobiologist" a legitimate term?  Everyone else get to be a "neuroscientist".  Why not the biologist?