Science Forums

What Is Mass?

antoine

1 elephant = 1 mouse

1 rock = 1 cup of tea

1 Einstein = 1 idiot

I mean, like, they're ALL ONES, amirite?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt, :phones:

Buffy

But only your last one would be correct. :D

Red and the apple are two different things, how is that xxxxxxxxx?

Are you trying to say that 1 proton mass does not have 1 proton charge ? 

Of course I am not saying that. I am saying that the statement "we have two red" is meaningless. Red is an attribute, it is not a countable object. If you don't understand that, then you don't even understand how language works.

Of course I am not saying that. I am saying that the statement "we have two red" is meaningless. Red is an attribute, it is not a countable object. If you don't understand that, then you don't even understand how language works.

Charge is an attribute, do you not understand that? ( I could go into light wave-lengths if you like i.e red.)

1 proton mass = 1 proton charge

A googleplex of proton masses = a googleplex of proton charge

The amount of charges is directly proportional to the amount of Proton and electron masses.?  Could you now I have explained agree with that?

Edited by antoine

1 elephant = 1 mouse

1 rock = 1 cup of tea

1 Einstein = 1 idiot

But only your last one would be correct. :D

So to confirm, the only equations you agree with here are:

1 Einstein = 1 idiot

The first I understand because we know you think you're the equivalent of Einstein, the second of course is your uh, "strongly held belief."

But then why wouldn't you believe that

1 elephant = 1 mouse

I mean, that is what you're arguing. Why would you provide a disproof of your thesis?

I guess, it's you're "just asking questions."

But thank you for agreeing with us that your postulate that 1 proton mass = 1 proton charge is just plain silly. :cheer:

A few days ago I lost my weapon of Math instruction... my trusty pocket calculator. :phones:

Buffy

So to confirm, the only equations you agree with here are:

1 Einstein = 1 idiot

The first I understand because we know you think you're the equivalent of Einstein, the second of course is your uh, "strongly held belief."

But then why wouldn't you believe that

1 elephant = 1 mouse

I mean, that is what you're arguing. Why would you provide a disproof of your thesis?

I guess, it's you're "just asking questions."

But thank you for agreeing with us that your postulate that 1 proton mass = 1 proton charge is just plain silly. :cheer:

A few days ago I lost my weapon of Math instruction... my trusty pocket calculator. :phones:

Buffy

I am not in a position that I could ever deem myself correct when I have no relative agreement from Physicists.   I think we both know that an elephant does not equate to a mouse  or does a rock equate to a cup of tea.   

I do not think Einstein was an idiot, he used what he had to work with, we use what he gave us and develop that further , without Einsteins notions I would not have my own notions and questions about those notions. 

I pulled out the statement because that is the one you intended me to notice more being the only possible true statement. 

An elephant has different mass than a mouse so can not be equal. 

added-  1 proton mass = 1 proton charge remains true regardless what we say

Edited by antoine

You claim to be here to learn something - if you continue to believe that nonsense, I'm out of here.

Do you know anything about dimensions? (In terms of M,L,T and Q)

Huh?   How many charges does a single proton have? 

And you mean xyzt don't you?

added- Ok, I guess you didn't mean XYZt 

http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/capacitance-object-typically-explained-measure-much-charge-separation-produced-object-appl-q8557521

Thank you for something new to look at. 

Ok, I got it, mass , length, time and charge.    

I suppose that is what I have been discussing?

Kmax=c0efbb5b854cd77c8e02a069d69d41b9.gif?

Edited by antoine

The point is that an equation in physics A = B only has meaning if A and B have identical dimensions in terms of L,T,M and Q.

So the equation 

is meaningless

Oh you mean you want me to put something like

M1=Q1

M2=Q2

M1+M2=Q

Edited by antoine

1 proton mass = 1 proton charge remains true regardless what we say

Well, this statement, and the multiple failed attempts to get you to understand why it's gibberish has earned this thread's movement into the Silly Claims Forum.

Because past behavior is used in judging you, it's likely we'll send everything you post there.

Sorry.

If I cut you off, chances are you handed me the scissors, :phones:

Buffy

Well, this statement, and the multiple failed attempts to get you to understand why it's gibberish has earned this thread's movement into the Silly Claims Forum.

Because past behavior is used in judging you, it's likely we'll send everything you post there.

Sorry.

If I cut you off, chances are you handed me the scissors, :phones:

Buffy

In all due respect, if I am misinterpreting the information , please correct the misinterpretation, I can't see why you would use that against me?

You think it is a silly claim that 1=1? 

1=0 would be a silly claim . 

.........................................................................................................................................................below the line:

If the teacher is  good at their ''jobs'', the student would not be interpreting things incorrectly.

Edited by antoine

Wrong again. M has dimensions of L^0.T^0.M^+1.Q^0.

IT IS MEANINGLESS TO EQUATE IT TO A CHARGE. What don't you understand here?

Your equation is meaningless to me because I do not understand that.  Why do you think it is meaningless to equate mass to charge, by adding 1 mass you are also adding 1 charge?