Science Forums

The Wise And God

martillo

What do you think about the following hypothetical dialog?

THE WISE AND GOD

_ Wise, about life… Too much bad things happen…

_ Seems this is a wrong kind of life. Our World seems to be fortuitous. Is not as it was supposed a World and life would be.

_ Wise, God created the Universe, how would exist something wrong?

_ Seems there was a problem in the Creation of the Universe which would have badly affected everything even God someway. The things are not as they should be.

_ But God would have all power to solve anything... What would be missing to solve the things?

_ Nobody knows God's situation. There's no way to communicate with God. Who knows...

_ Nothing that could be done about...

_ One thing is true, if there is a God with a creation he must have a way to perceive it. May be through our own eyes and ears. So God could observe us and may be someone could imagine something useful for God to solve it all. That’s what I think... But maybe is just a matter of time...

Source: Metaphysics thoughts
Is not related to any religious concept of God but to Deism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism).

Edited by martillo

Honestly, my first impression is that this a pretty good, but not great, attempt to translate a passage into English.

If I try to ignore the translation errors, then I don't find anything that is any more compelling than any other argument I've come across for the existence of a deity.  The dialogue presumes the existence of that which it presumes to show to exist.

One thing is true, if there is a God with a creation he must have a way to perceive it. May be through our own eyes and ears. So God could observe us and may be someone could imagine something useful for God to solve it all. That’s what I think... But maybe is just a matter of time...

I do not find this to be obviously true, and I can easily imagine scenarios that include deistic creators of the cosmos where this statement would be not true.  I'm not convinced that you understand Deism, and I'd invite you to re-read the wikipedia page you linked.  It appears to me that this statement, rather than being objectively true, is simply the argument that you use to justify your beliefs.  As this is not a falsifiable claim, it is pointless for me to require you to provide evidence for your belief.  However, I vehemently disagree that your belief must be true.

• 4 weeks later...

To tell you the truth i'm a BornAgian and i know alot about God Your Wrong there is a way to talk and comunicate to god praying God hears you and your wishes and your ask for forgiveness and also Wise men are being picked One by One all of them are righteous and will be going to heaven and will be having powers