Science Forums

Are Photons Noisy?

hazelm

Assuming you meant gravitational waves, that is an interesting thought. It is a pressure wave and it travels through a medium which is the fabric of space itself. If our ears were sensitive enough, would we be able to hear it?

I agree in principle such a wave might make our eardrums move - though would they move relative to the other parts of the ear, or would not the whole ear move as one under its influence? Also not sure why you say it would be a "pressure" wave.  

Edited by exchemist

Also not sure why you say it would be a "pressure" wave.  

The force of gravity propagates outwards in all directions - which is why, following the observation of a black hole merger, the LIGO detected our vicinity with the sun decrease by the width of a hydrogen atom. 

Which was the very first empirical demonstration that the speed of gravity equals C; a demonstration that I predicted prior to in the "Is Space Zero G Thread".

& I actually have your arguments to thank as fuel for my think-tank. 

Edited by Super Polymath

Assuming you meant gravitational waves

I thought we went over this.

Gravity cannot go from point a to point b as a field. It needs velocity, as in a wave, velocity provided by the fact that - from the subatomic to the macroscopic - matter is in a constantly changing rate of motion & the influential pull of gravity only propagates as a wave. 

Edited by Super Polymath

I mean, the fact that the article was printed after I claimed gravity's velocity equals C, I'd think y'all would be marching to the beat a different drum by now.

But I guess it's difficult to be humble when you're hacking an admin account & putting my ish in the strange claims forum. 

Edited by Super Polymath