Science Forums

Logical Life

Humans argue that they are endowed with free-will.

Is it really the case ? 

Is life a logical construct ? I say, it is.

1. Life and Death : Invariant

* You are born only once

* You die only once

* You are born before you die and not vice versa

* Life and death is a quantifiable entity

2. Group dynamics

* Once you take up a profession, you are bound by an written and unwritten code of contact.

Anti-social behavior will land you in prison.

In the light of the above, I firmly am of the opinion that the only thing "free" about free will is that you don't have to pay for it.  :vava:

Life is a logical entity plugged into the fabric of space-time.

An alien watching a human life from conception to death would be able to identify that the subject in question is a human (using the above mentioned logic), without actually meeting one !!!

Move over Carl Sagan ........ :sherlock:

Humans argue that they are endowed with free-will.
Is it really the case ? 

According to the courts, yes.   In legal terms, free will is matched to culpability:  "Did you do this of your own free will?  Or were you coerced?  Were you out of your right mind, for reasons not under your control?"

Incidentally, the legal definition of "free will" implies determinism -- of being able to think in a sensible fashion, with a properly working brain.  Alternate definitions of "free will" make that out as a problem; but for myself, I see not having a properly working brain as a problem.   Your mileage may differ.

We live in an unequal system. Most of our brains have a stronger, or more exercised, left hemisphere than right hemisphere. I have had a larger left hemisphere for a decade & a half, therefore I need to induce chaos for a decade & a half. But I have to be cleverer than my peers in order to survive until karma is fulfilled, our masters don't deal kindly to thriving psychopaths. I was blind, but now I see my mission. I'm going to look like I'm 21 years old (which an 18 year old admits I still look now) when I'm 50, then I'll still have the youth to free the others.

I have to violate causality. Do you like receiving head? Yes. Do you like giving head? No. Well then you're a ****ing hypocritizer too, stay out of my reality. Gotta keep em seperated. Let's reverse the imbalance for a while.

Edited by Super Polymath

I've been driving with my left foot on the pedal & brake lately.

Smoking with my left hand.

Because my left brain attacked me once, I believe that's called a split personality. Everyone is a mirror of me, but my brain couldn't tell the difference, & recognized myself as the enemy, when really it was the world that represents my untapped right brain.