Science Forums

Types Of Clocks Which Have Actually Measured Time Dilation

I'm willing to engage in a polite discussion if you would like to start again

You won't get a polite discussion here at the moment I'm afraid.

So how do we know carbon structures "age" as fast as something like radon?

Because the light clock is just a way to illustrate that clocks are affected by relative motion, it allows you to actually see it. Anything that measures time will be affected in the same way because it's time itself that the light clock is measuring.

So how do we know carbon structures "age" as fast as something like radon?

Everything ages using the same yardstick - time.  Whether it's carbon decay from C14 to C12 (which is how we do radiocarbon dating) electron transitions with rubidium or the oscillations of a quartz crystal, they are all measured by how often those things happen within standard units of time (from microseconds to centuries.)

Can you define "time" please? Please use no time-dependant terms to explain it(such as "the rate at which change happens)

One of the four dimensions. That which clocks measure.

Define "mass" or "distance" or "color" without self-reference.   Can't ... but everyone with sense knows what they mean.

Mass: The amount of stuff.

Distance: The amount of space and/or time between two points.

ColoUr: The wavelength of light within the visible spectrum.

So my supposition is that there's only really superluminal quantum matter, if you want to think of it as such. Often this is called "virtual particles" This flows "up" from "down" quarks and flows "down" through "up" quarks. Matter is a collection of localized time loops. Some are more stable than others. These formations of time loops then form larger formations, which even have their own maximum vibration speed(speed of sound) that varies by aggregate just like the impedance to photon transfer is higher in some media versus others. Why would there not then be an even bigger aggregate scale? The reason is the speed of light. The logic breaks down once the power of gravity exceeds the speed of light. The matter that becomes superluminal is also super small. This is also fee of euclidean space, allowing all such "rifts" to connect. The constant flow of this superluminal quantum matter accounts both for the phenomenon of gravity and also explain what "dark matter" and "dark energy" actually are("dark energy" is matter that broke down in a black hole and "dark matter" is energy that broke down in a black hole. At the small scale the "electron"(aka "down" quark) allows the quantum matter to reemerge as space is available(and incidentally defining the very concept of "space"). "Time" is simply the exchange of matter from it's most natural state(quantum matter by way of "down" quarks) to its most unnatural state(protons and black holes). This is all limited conservation of energy, so quantum matter can only emerge as a stable formation in Euclidean space as as other matter leaves it. In turn, other matter can't leave euclidean space without new matter arising to replace it somewhere else. How "fast" or "slow" all this happens is totally irrelevant because all sense of time exists within the framework of that structure and is relative to it, and is utterly dependent upon it. That's just what makes sense to me anyway.

... That's just what makes sense to me anyway.

The trouble with coming up with a story that makes sense to you is that you're free to imagine anything you like and it's very unlikely that it will match reality unless it's based on real observations and makes predictions that could prove it wrong.

I can't really follow what you said, it's written too ambiguously and there's huge logical leaps in there that don't seem to make a lot of sense.

So my supposition is that there's only really superluminal quantum matter, if you want to think of it as such. Often this is called "virtual particles" This flows "up" from "down" quarks and flows "down" through "up" quarks. Matter is a collection of localized time loops. Some are more stable than others. These formations of time loops then form larger formations, which even have their own maximum vibration speed(speed of sound) that varies by aggregate just like the impedance to photon transfer is higher in some media versus others. Why would there not then be an even bigger aggregate scale? The reason is the speed of light. The logic breaks down once the power of gravity exceeds the speed of light. The matter that becomes superluminal is also super small. This is also fee of euclidean space, allowing all such "rifts" to connect. The constant flow of this superluminal quantum matter accounts both for the phenomenon of gravity and also explain what "dark matter" and "dark energy" actually are("dark energy" is matter that broke down in a black hole and "dark matter" is energy that broke down in a black hole. At the small scale the "electron"(aka "down" quark) allows the quantum matter to reemerge as space is available(and incidentally defining the very concept of "space"). "Time" is simply the exchange of matter from it's most natural state(quantum matter by way of "down" quarks) to its most unnatural state(protons and black holes). This is all limited conservation of energy, so quantum matter can only emerge as a stable formation in Euclidean space as as other matter leaves it. In turn, other matter can't leave euclidean space without new matter arising to replace it somewhere else. How "fast" or "slow" all this happens is totally irrelevant because all sense of time exists within the framework of that structure and is relative to it, and is utterly dependent upon it. That's just what makes sense to me anyway.

I am afraid this does not make any sense, at all, and contains some completely wrong statements. You will not get a decent discussion with people here if you come up with word salad like this.   

I am afraid this does not make any sense, at all, and contains some completely wrong statements. You will not get a decent discussion with people here if you come up with word salad like this.   

I don't believe AFP has anything else in him.

I was thinking earlier:  "Maybe I'm being too harsh on AFP -- he seems to be making an effort, just sounds kinda confused."   Further examination suggests he is confused, and nothing else.

Edited by mrg

I don't believe AFP has anything else in him.

I was thinking earlier:  "Maybe I'm being too harsh on AFP -- he seems to be making an effort, just sounds kinda confused."   Further examination suggests he is confused, and nothing else.

A bit like Super Polymath, then. Pity. 

But at least not in a league with AWOL.

Yes, he's a different kettle of fish. I'm sure our fighter pilot means well, at least. A-Nal seems to be crazed with fury. It's rather tempting to wind him up still more, just to see what happens. But I shall be strong.....

Ah well, nowt so queer as folk.

Edited by exchemist

A-Nal seems to be crazed with fury. 

Not fury -- passive aggression, it's a troll characteristic.  When I was on the Amazon science forum, I used to go around with a particular pious sorehead creationist who liked to try to beat me over the head with his personal relationship to the Deity.  He never got too far with that; I'd just tell him to see someone about fixing his passive aggression.  He would dry up for a little while.

As for AWOL, it might work better if there was an "H" in that label and not a "W".

Edited by mrg

Will you two please cut to the case and get a sodding room! This endless flirtation is tedious. You could gently caress each other's egos all better so you don't feel the need to keep posting nasty comments in every topic and then claiming it's other people who have the problem.

Edited by A-wal