Science Forums

Could aliens be time-travelling humans from the future?

Guest kyle8921

___Under current theory time travel backwards is possible; one of the possible theoretical variations is the parallel world model. In this view, you don't go back to the exact same past worl & killing your grandfather doesn't affect you because each of the parallel worlds is slightly different. What's more is you don't return to the exact same place you left either.

___I remember an old Ray Bradbury story wherein they go back in a time machine to hunt dino's. Even though they go ahead to find targets about to die anyway, some guy steps off the path & squishes a butterfly. When they return, things have different speelings etc.

___Since we can't prove aliens, we can't prove where they originate. So it's possible. :xx: Never mind the Klingon jokes! :xx: :xx: :)

The Parallel World MOdel... Isnt that the one similar to that described in a Sci-FI book by MIcheal Crichton... Timeline... That theory is quite interesting, although when you think about it, where are all of these parallel worlds stored?

• 5 weeks later...

- About time travel: we dont know everything about our universe, about sciens, physics, etc, so how can we claim thats impossible to travel in time (i mean, go back to the past). We can argue many paradoxs, like: i get into the past in my time machine, kill my parents before i´ve born and then what would happen? If i kill them i will not born so if i didnt born i couldnt get into the past and kill my parents. So, i am alive! Thats a typical argue but what if our universe its so strange that there are possibilities that we even not dream about? By now, it seems impossible to time travel but lets not forget that in the past it was impossible to fly or went into the moon! No one would ever imagine that!

- About life in universe and ufos. Many people say that ufos sightings are lies because its impossible to make a trip so long, even from the nearest star to our Sun. That a stupid argue. We cannot deny a thing just because it seems impossible to exist. Instead of that we should study it carefully. If aliens exist they may have ways to travel in space that we dont even dream about. So, stop saying that there are no ufos just because its a long way from their home to ours. YOu can use other argues to attack the ufos sightings, but not that one.

- There is a portuguese (i am from Portugal btw) ufologist that points 4 possible origins to aliens/ufos:

1) From this universe, like another planet in this universe or even from our own planet (like: coming from the seas; a natural phenomenon in atmosphere; USA gov secret projects, etc)

2) From another dimension, different from this one.

3) From another timeline: maybe humans from the future, like you say.

4) Spiritual origin. Maybe they could be somewhat related to spirits and other forms of existence behind our comprehension.

i think a good reason for travelling back was explained in STV and to a lesser extent demolition man, the need to verify what actually occurs in the past.

assuming that all matter in the universe isn't shrinking with complexity

then another good reason to come back would be to harvest new genetic material, earth women are easy but we're also alseep during the night, making harvesting painless and 100% efficient.

I believe that aliens are the modern version of the ancient gods of Greece and Rome. They are a projections from within. The psychologist Carl Jung gives strong evidience that suggests that the human brain contains personality software that is common to all humans. This software exists up potential of the ego and will often reach consciousness through projection. Projection is like a movie shining through your eyes overlapping sensory perception of reality. At night camping the rock becomes a little animal and the universe gets projected full of aliens. This creative side of humanity represents higher human potential that is trying to come to the surface.

The universe is so vast that life probably exists elsewhere. But picture if humans traveled to a new planet with less advanced humanoid life life. We would definately make own presence known learning and trying to help. We would not lurk in the shadows, kidnapping and molesting. These shadows and fantasies are projections from within. On the opposite side fo the coin, alien intelligence and technologies, are a projection of our higher human potential.

• 11 months later...
hey i am from the other side of the world(India)

trying to give an explanation.

the nearest star to earth is 4.3 light years away and which has no planets with possible life. the nearest possible life to us is around 20 light years away(approx) this life might not have intelligence comparable to humans.

20 light years that is 20 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 300,000 kilometers away.

so its very impossible to travel this distance even in a span of thousand life times.

the nearest alien you might see are the Indians.

It impossible to migrate to the aliens world otherwise we had caused a migration problem for them too.

i think time travelling is just a myth. suppose that one travels back in time and kills his own forefather before he is born himself. this sounds logically incorrect.

well i am poor at logic.

time is with one way. but you can do a thingh in a second or in an hour.

if you travel with a missile you must have H and O in your ship instead with a ufo 1 wedge heavy 1 kg and can go for 30 years with a power of 90000 Hp.

not reaction power but gravitational power and gravitational field has infinite speed not c.