Science Forums

Could aliens be time-travelling humans from the future?

Guest kyle8921

Guest kyle8921

Yea, I know I'll get called stupid and what-not for this thread... but I figured, what the hell?

Ok, here is my theory: the aliens and extraterrestrials that we see on Earth are us in the future!

Think about this...

When we lose the ozone layer, and everyone starts dying of skin diseases, we may have to become a species of the night (in a few hundred years or so.)

Because we will be living in the dark, our eyes will evolve, and become gigantic! (over hundreds of millions of years of course, or maybe we'll be messed up from nuclear war.)

Our skin will lose all pigment, turning gray, due to lack of sunlight.

Thousands of years in the future, we will have no need for physical strength, so our bodies will get smaller and smaller - also to accomodate for a larger population.

Because we will be a lot smarter, our brains will be huge too.

Think about the aliens of myth, like Roswell, and the familiar alien "look." Small, gray, big head, big eyes?

It all only points to one thing: The aliens that we see now are us (mankind) in the future travelling back in time for God knows what. They want to keep a low profile, so they don't mess up time.

Well, do you think I'm crazy? I think it makes perfect sense!

... in that imperfect kind of way...

Yea, I know I'll get called stupid and what-not for this thread... but I figured, what the hell?

Well, do you think I'm crazy? I think it makes perfect sense!

... in that imperfect kind of way...

We'll try to refrain from the use of the word stupid in referring to you, or any other member. That word is only used for people like me. :(

It's a plausible explanation, I guess. I'm just wondering which one of us has actually seen an alien or ET to be able to attest to what they look like??? :)

:D ???

Ok, here is my theory: the aliens and extraterrestrials that we see on Earth are us in the future!

No, you're NOT stupid. I'm a grandma now but I've had this hunch since childhood - decades before it became a "popular" notion.

The trick is to find my own future-self and have her (him?) take me back to my childhood.

Gawd! 3 selves at once?! Me, myself, and I. What a conundrum. On second thought, I think I'll leave the the "future self" theory as a theory and let it go at that.

Movin' on. :) :D

hey i am from the other side of the world(India)

trying to give an explanation.

the nearest star to earth is 4.3 light years away and which has no planets with possible life. the nearest possible life to us is around 20 light years away(approx) this life might not have intelligence comparable to humans.

20 light years that is 20 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 300,000 kilometers away.

so its very impossible to travel this distance even in a span of thousand life times.

the nearest alien you might see are the Indians.

It impossible to migrate to the aliens world otherwise we had caused a migration problem for them too.

i think time travelling is just a myth. suppose that one travels back in time and kills his own forefather before he is born himself. this sounds logically incorrect.

well i am poor at logic.

You couldn't kill your own father else you wouldnt exist and he would have never been killed. I think this loop is proof that time travel is strictly impossible. And about the whole thing with the nearest star not having hospitable planets... Is that a fact? I wasn't sure so im asking you. :eek:

the nearest star to earth is 4.3 light years away and which has no planets with possible life. the nearest possible life to us is around 20 light years away(approx) this life might not have intelligence comparable to humans.

20 light years that is 20 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 300,000 kilometers away.

so its very impossible to travel this distance even in a span of thousand life times.

Very true but, what if aliens live in space? By that I mean, in craft that are capable of traveling for very long periods of time. This would allow offspring to be born in flight, giving the aliens all the time needed to traverse the huge distances between their origin and earth. There is also the remote possibility of interdimensional travel, that would be worm-holes by another name. I'm sorry to say that I will more than likely not be around to ever know the answer to these questions because I'll be 63 in Sept. Not that many years left to experience something so grand as contact . I do however believe that we are not alone in this wonderful universe of ours, or should I say, theirs.

___Under current theory time travel backwards is possible; one of the possible theoretical variations is the parallel world model. In this view, you don't go back to the exact same past worl & killing your grandfather doesn't affect you because each of the parallel worlds is slightly different. What's more is you don't return to the exact same place you left either.

___I remember an old Ray Bradbury story wherein they go back in a time machine to hunt dino's. Even though they go ahead to find targets about to die anyway, some guy steps off the path & squishes a butterfly. When they return, things have different speelings etc.

___Since we can't prove aliens, we can't prove where they originate. So it's possible. :D Never mind the Klingon jokes! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh, and the fact that you are here proves you didn't go back in time and kill your grandfather. It's not a loop problem, it's pretty straightforward. If you made a time machine, got in, pushed the button- you would die. The rest of your days were already lived in the past- that would be the end of your life in this timeline.