Science Forums

An Understanding Of Kinesiology Versus Physical Health

Super Polymath

Have you ever heard the term, "nice guys finish last"? Well that is how natural selection is supposed to work, but we use the left side of our brains from the time we can drive well past adulthood because our right is controlled by our left hemispheres, so using one's right foot on the pedal, or vehicles being set up that way, was for the purpose of civility & gaining pleasure from conformity. 

Of course, I have heard that saying, but that doesn't make it entirely true.  If you are an "alpha male" and you go about picking fights, one or two not so beneficial effects will eventually arise. One,, you will come up against someone who is stronger, tougher, and faster, and he will end you.  Two, the ones who are not physically superior will combine forces and skills to end you.  

Being nicer, and getting along with others can leave more energy for producing offspring because you are not wearing yourself out and risking life and limb.  It doesn't necessarily mean conformity.

Of course, I have heard that saying, but that doesn't make it entirely true.  If you are an "alpha male" and you go about picking fights, one or two not so beneficial effects will eventually arise. One,, you will come up against someone who is stronger, tougher, and faster, and he will end you.  Two, the ones who are not physically superior will combine forces and skills to end you.  

Being nicer, and getting along with others can leave more energy for producing offspring because you are not wearing yourself out and risking life and limb.  It doesn't necessarily mean conformity.

I know Omega wouldn't allow me to pick a fight I would get injured more than my adversary in, or injured to a certain extent in. Omega is a superevolved consciousness that encumbers a superluminal range (from beyond the particle horizon to beneath the planck length in its technological structures and can pull off that which we see Doctor Manhattan doing in Watchmen) of informational control over causality, Omega allows us wholly informed consent. We don't make single action Omega hasn't already determined. Omega wants us to transcend into itself via the miniaturization of information technology & the alteration of human nature. A process in which I've described thoroughly. Without a programmed artificial reality (necessary for AI vs IA auto-catalyzation), Omega can only be proven via subjective axioms. However, Omega dominates even a man-made Matrix. 

Edited by Super Polymath

I have noticed that even Olympic wrestling depends upon impersonal momentum &  inertia. I.E. Muhammad Ali was able to permanently revolutionize the sport of boxing by imploring footwork to give himself an intellectual advantage over anatomically superior opponents which, in turn, demonstrably increased his probabilities of scientifically disproving natural selection &, therefore, social Darwinism.

It's 'employing', not 'imploring'. :rolleyes: Polymath? :rotfl:

Alas, it is impossible to make a dent in invincible ignorance.

Perhaps. In any regard it is the opinion of the current staff that such is the function of this forum. :banghead: The thinking seems to go that either we allow, nay encourage, wackos, ner-do-wells, and every other class of the willfully ignorant and socially deficient who cannot make entry into or otherwise contribute to legitimate science, or put the forum out of its misery. Welcome to the National Enquirer of science forums. :vava:

Alas, it is impossible to make a dent in invincible ignorance.

Yes indeed. One of the quotations that all too often comes to mind on these forums is Schiller's  "Mit der Dummheit kaempen Gotter selbst vergebens".  

Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain. This provided the title of Asimov's scifi story "The Gods Themselves" - rather a good one, as I recall.

This provided the title of Asimov's scifi story "The Gods Themselves" - rather a good one, as I recall.

Yes, I've been watching an anime series titled KADO:  THE RIGHT ANSWER.   A cube 2 kilometers on a side from a higher-dimensional space lands on Tokyo's Haneda Airport.   The emissary that comes forth from it provides magic spheres that, if hooked into a circuit, provide indefinite free energy.  I immediately thought, re Asimov:  "There's a dangerous catch."

Used to like to listen to Dr. Asimov on the radio.  Real deep voice, "a goot Joosh boy from da Bronks!"   The science section on my website is dedicated to him.

My favorite Deutsch saying relative to the baloney one sees online is Pauli's:  "Das ist nicht nur night richtig -- es ist nicht eimal FALSCH!"  ("That is not just not right -- it isn't even WRONG!")  Sarcasm sounds so GOOD in Deutsch!

Edited by mrg

Yes, I've been watching an anime series titled KADO:  THE RIGHT ANSWER.   A cube 2 kilometers on a side from a higher-dimensional space lands on Tokyo's Haneda Airport.   The emissary that comes forth from it provides magic spheres that, if hooked into a circuit, provide indefinite free energy.  I immediately thought, re Asimov:  "There's a dangerous catch."

Used to like to listen to Dr. Asimov on the radio.  Real deep voice, "a goot Joosh boy from da Bronks!"   The science section on my website is dedicated to him.

My favorite Deutsch saying relative to the baloney one sees online is Pauli's:  "Das ist nicht nur night richtig -- es ist nicht eimal FALSCH!"  ("That is not just not right -- it isn't even WRONG!")  Sarcasm sounds so GOOD in Deutsch!

That one is VERY popular on science forums, as you would expect. 

Pauli did not suffer fools gladly, by all accounts. 

Pauli did not suffer fools gladly, by all accounts. 

Pauli, the self-proclaimed "Wrath of God".   When a grad student, on hearing a presentation by Einstein, Pauli commented:  "What Professor Einstein said is not so stupid."

Pauli, the self-proclaimed "Wrath of God".   When a grad student, on hearing a presentation by Einstein, Pauli commented:  "What Professor Einstein said is not so stupid."

Reminds me of an anecdote about Field Marshall Montgomery ("Monty" of WW2 fame), who is said to started an observation with the phrase: "As Jesus Christ once said - and I think rightly - ......" 

Reminds me of an anecdote about Field Marshall Montgomery ("Monty" of WW2 fame), who is said to started an observation with the phrase: "As Jesus Christ once said - and I think rightly - ......" 

Ah yes, and Churchill V. Monty ... on hearing that Monty had given up smoking, Winston commented, IIRC:  "Pity, it was one of the few things that made him seem human."  

And:  "In defeat, unbeatable; in victory, unbearable."

Edited by mrg

Holy ****. Why is this discussion even required?  All one needs to do, and is by the way required by the rules of this forum, is to support one's claims.  Super Polymath has failed to provide any evidence whatsoever that they aren't spewing bullshit.

As you may have noticed, we've rather given up with the original subject, for that very reason.