Science Forums

Spacetime, Or Spacedepth

MrK

I cannot seem to understand how it has not been considered that time may not actually slow down at all due to gravity, and that what is more probable is that light and matter are directly effected by the force of the spin and mass of black holes and time is not. Think of the light near black holes as zombies falling into a deep well while slowly trying to climb out before the very ground behind them falls and shreds, catching up and pulling them down past no escape. More on this subject is the theory of time moving slower as you move faster, yet what experiments and measurements have been made to calculate the effects of said force on the mechanisms that which record said data in the first place? None! If you were to observe the mechanisms anyway, the data would distort accordingly due to the effects of said forces and would become subject to the same circumstance of inaccuracy for real-time comparisons. Atomic clocks used in these tests were more accurate because their resistance to the said forces were greater, therefore less error appears (only a few nano seconds!)

As you stare at events close to the event horizon of a black hole, you are experiencing not time dilation, however delayed light. Time can escape. Light cannot. The effect is an illusion to the observer, who sees things in slow motion, whereas the observer experiencing the event feels time in real time, which as I said, is because time, is constant. I believe an observer close to the event horizon of a black hole looking out (in theory if they could live) wouldn't see things seemingly moving faster, but instead in real time and distortion of light based on their proximity (factors of the gravity).

Prove me wrong in theory -- I may feel dumb, but satisfied. Prove me wrong in experiment and I will feel completely relieved.

If not, the problem left is how to objectively record and compare two subjective data accurately to try and find fallacy. Perhaps however there is a formulae to provide the compensation of error on the mechanism of record to prove time is constant. Thoughts?

-Foland