Science Forums

What Exactly Is The Alt-Right

serenesam

Race mixing:

This studys sample came from the National Longitudnal Study of Addolecent Health. It consistent of kids from 80 schools between grades 7 and 12. It found that mixed race kids were more likely than single race blacks, whites, and asians, to smoke, drink, consider suicide, be in poor physical health, skin school, and be suspended. It also found that, compared to Asians and Whites, but not Blacks, they were more likely to have sex and repeat grades. These negative outcomes were found among mixed race children that were black/white, asian/white, and asian/black.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448064/

A new study of Chinese-Caucasian, Filipino-Caucasian, Japanese-Caucasian and Vietnamese-Caucasian individuals concludes that biracial Asian Americans are twice as likely as monoracial Asian Americans to be diagnosed with a psychological disorder. Zane and his co-investigator, UC Davis psychology graduate student Lauren Berger, found that 34 percent of biracial individuals in a national survey had been diagnosed with a psychological disorder, such as anxiety, depression or substance abuse, versus 17 percent of monoracial individuals. The higher rate held up even after the researchers controlled for differences between the groups in age, gender and life stress, among other factors. 

Source: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-08/uoc--baa081108.php

So yes, race is real. What you’ve been taugh in school is a lie.

Real only in the sense that people tend to inherit the physical traits of their parents such as hair, skin and eye colour among other things and people from different regions tend to share some of those traits. The only objective effect of people of different ethnic backgrounds being together is an increased variety in the gene pool creating healthier offspring.

"...smoke, drink, consider suicide, be in poor physical health, skin school, and be suspended. It also found that, compared to Asians and Whites, but not Blacks, they were more likely to have sex and repeat grades."

Smoking, drinking and having sex are certainly not negative actives, they're the best things about being a teenager and mixed race people are definitely not in poorer physical health than people who are comparatively inbred. I'd argue that skipping and/or being suspended from mandatory institutionalised zombification classes is also not necessarily a negative thing but maybe I'm biased having been suspended and then basically dropping out.

Race is only an issue in the minds of people dumb enough to think that it matters.

• 5 months later...

I have to wonder if certain racial/ethnic pairing would produce a child that is incredibly amazing and other racial/ethnic pairing would produce the opposite. The irony of our universe.

In our dairy herd we cross breed to gain hybrid vigor and prevent inbreeding.  In animal husbandry, even though we know a lot more about the specific genes and have genetic testing available, I still consider to to be something of a crap shoot.

P.S. This Seth Cooper person sounds like Walter Mitty. I've never heard of him - does he have any credibility or is he just a nutter?   

Check the description of the video I posted in the OP:

"Seth Cooper, a lifelong devotee of fantasy and mythology, graduated Summa *** Laude from Mount Saint Mary’s University, having earned a philosophy degree in 2001. He lives by himself in the rural Northern Neck of Virginia where he continues to realize the far-reaching series that begins with The Glorious Path, his debut novel."

Summa *** Laude means "with highest honor":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_honors

http://www.academicapparel.com/caps/***-laude.html

Check the description of the video I posted in the OP:

"Seth Cooper, a lifelong devotee of fantasy and mythology, graduated Summa *** Laude from Mount Saint Mary’s University, having earned a philosophy degree in 2001. He lives by himself in the rural Northern Neck of Virginia where he continues to realize the far-reaching series that begins with The Glorious Path, his debut novel."

Summa *** Laude means "with highest honor":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_honors

http://www.academicapparel.com/caps/***-laude.html

Thanks, I know some Latin too.

The degree would have been before, or after, he went nuts? I see for example he goes in for ID. Unless it's a different Seth Cooper of course. 

Edited by exchemist

Thanks, I know some Latin too.

The degree would have been before, or after, he went nuts? I see for example he goes in for ID. Unless it's a different Seth Cooper of course. 

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please explain/elaborate. What do you mean by going in for ID?

Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition

[boldenation mine]

Analyzing political conservatism as motivated social cognition integrates theories of personality (authoritarianism, dogmatism–intolerance of ambiguity), epistemic and existential needs (for closure, regulatory focus, terror management), and ideological rationalization (social dominance, system justification). A meta-analysis (88 samples, 12 countries, 22,818 cases) confirms that several psychological variables predict political conservatism: death anxiety (weighted mean r .50); system instability (.47); dogmatism–intolerance of ambiguity (.34); openness to experience (–.32); uncertainty tolerance (–.27); needs for order, structure, and closure (.26); integrative complexity (–.20); fear of threat and loss (.18); and self-esteem (–.09). The core ideology of conservatism stresses resistance to change and justification of inequality and is motivated by needs that vary situationally and dispositionally to manage uncertainty and threat.

Seek professional help Sam. :eek_big:

"Nobody is more inferior than those who insist on being equal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nietzsche never said this, but the quote is *extremely* popular on Neo-Nazi forums.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Per Wikiquote, this is "misattributed":

This first appears in 1974 in an explanation of Aristotle's politics in Time magazine, before being condensed to an epigram as "Aristotle's Axiom" in Peter's People (1979) by Laurence J. Peter.

...and let's just say it can mean a wide variety of things...just depends on how "dirty" your mind is....

Incompetence plus incompetence equals incompetence, :phones:

Buffy