Science Forums

At The Same Time, Could The Entire Population Of The Uk Be Stood In Front Of A Derelict House In North Carolina?

Mariel33

Impossible: Trump would not let some of them in, and anyway the majority would not dream of going to the USA under any circumstances.

If all US citizens became exposed as forum users, or Facebook users, I think that would encourage all UK citizens to no longer fear American people.  

Is it something that could happen: all of the UK being stood in front of a derelict house in the state of North Carolina?

But is that even a question that is worth asking? There are derelict houses in NC and the UK does have a population, so it would only be a matter of logistics to get them all together. It would not be practical to do so, but probably not impossible.

A better question might be, if they did all stand in front of the house, would the house even notice?

ee58756065ec18fa6a95b570e1825cca.jpg

But is that even a question that is worth asking? There are derelict houses in NC and the UK does have a population, so it would only be a matter of logistics to get them all together. It would not be practical to do so, but probably not impossible.

A better question might be, if they did all stand in front of the house, would the house even notice?

ee58756065ec18fa6a95b570e1825cca.jpg

Good picture. In terms of the question or scenario, it just felt like an artistic reality, trying to create something that can't be replicated. Of course though, the actual scenario isn't all that unique. 

Edited by Mariel33

Another belter of a scientific inquiry.

Is it something that could happen: all of the UK being stood in front of a derelict house in the state of North Carolina?

We already are. There must by a derelict house in North Carolina that's facing our direction, we're not all standing up though.

We don't fear you, we just try to avoid you  :innocent:

It's the whole god thing mainly, that and the accent. :)

This thread seems to me to raise the question of why we don't have a "Silly Questions" section within Philosophy, in the way that we have a "Silly Claims" section in Physics and Maths. True, we have the "Philosophers' Weightrooom", but that is hardly warning enough of some of the ballocks within.

I am aware of the cliché about there being no silly questions, only silly answers, but I submit that many of these threads started by Mariel demonstrate very clearly that such an assertion is palpably false. 

So, how about it Mods? A "Silly Questions" section?

Edited by exchemist

This thread seems to me to raise the question of why we don't have a "Silly Questions" section within Philosophy, in the way that we have a "Silly Claims" section in Physics and Maths. True, we have the "Philosophers' Weightrooom", but that is hardly warning enough of some of the ballocks within.

I am aware of the cliché about there being no silly questions, only silly answers, but I submit that many of these threads started by Mariel demonstrate very clearly that such an assertion is palpably false. 

So, how about it Mods? A "Silly Questions" section?

:lol: I'm afraid this is it. I remember when and why this section was put up. Here's the header to this section: "A place where would-be philosophers can test-drive their rantings that may not be worthy of discussion, and for other mind-numbing pontification." Literally a troll invitation. :doh:

We had a particular would-be-philosopher who continually ranted ballocks, but he was considered somewhat loveable and staff didn't have the heart to give him the axe. Back then there were actual science discussions going on and the blather kept popping to the top of the main page. IIRC, this section at the time was coded to not display in the recent posts.

Now, we have all of maybe 10 active members, half of whom are ranting would-be philosophical weight lifters and few real science discussions to keep the sludge down. Mariel et al are metaphorically standing around in sweats and a headband, but never working out, let alone appearing slovenly & not being anywhat loveable.

I'm an axe guy when it comes to this stuff, and all for choppin' the wood and stackin' it in the shed when it's brought and not putting off 'til eternity what can be done today. Barring that, at the very least this section needs to be coded for off the front room carpet again, and when the wood tries to sneak out o' the shed and into the parlor it should be put back where it belongs.

Philosophically weight-roomishly speaking, when the house is awash in pooage, you don't just put on boots and plop down in front of the telly with a brandy and seegar. :help: Get out the hose and pump and get to work. :hammer:

:lol: I'm afraid this is it. I remember when and why this section was put up. Here's the header to this section: "A place where would-be philosophers can test-drive their rantings that may not be worthy of discussion, and for other mind-numbing pontification." Literally a troll invitation. :doh:

We had a particular would-be-philosopher who continually ranted ballocks, but he was considered somewhat loveable and staff didn't have the heart to give him the axe. Back then there were actual science discussions going on and the blather kept popping to the top of the main page. IIRC, this section at the time was coded to not display in the recent posts.

Now, we have all of maybe 10 active members, half of whom are ranting would-be philosophical weight lifters and few real science discussions to keep the sludge down. Mariel et al are metaphorically standing around in sweats and a headband, but never working out, let alone appearing slovenly & not being anywhat loveable.

I'm an axe guy when it comes to this stuff, and all for choppin' the wood and stackin' it in the shed when it's brought and not putting off 'til eternity what can be done today. Barring that, at the very least this section needs to be coded for off the front room carpet again, and when the wood tries to sneak out o' the shed and into the parlor it should be put back where it belongs.

Philosophically weight-roomishly speaking, when the house is awash in pooage, you don't just put on boots and plop down in front of the telly with a brandy and seegar. :help: Get out the hose and pump and get to work. :hammer:

Ah OK thanks for the background. "Weight Room" seems rather a euphemism for the actual content.