Science Forums

The Unintelligent Quantum Human

A child is like a quantum computer using fuzzy logic and developing experiences.

A human has "collapsed quantum states", akin to a preferred outlook on certain subjects that

are necessary for him to function in society.

eg) A child may have ambiguous attitudes towards religion, but an adult follows either -

* no faith

* a specific faith

This enables him to function effectively in society.

Is this realistic ?  

A child is like a quantum computer using fuzzy logic and developing experiences.
A human has "collapsed quantum states", akin to a preferred outlook on certain subjects that
are necessary for him to function in society.

eg) A child may have ambiguous attitudes towards religion, but an adult follows either -

* no faith
* a specific faith

This enables him to function effectively in society.

Is this realistic ?  

Not in the least. Many adults adopt an "ambiguous" attitude to religion. In fact I suspect such an attitude  is more common than the wholehearted, unquestioning embrace of any religious belief system. There is no evidence that having a settled view on religion is in any way necessary for functioning in society.

In fact, I would argue the contrary: a degree of sympathetic detachment on the subject of religion helps a person socially. 

Not in the least. Many adults adopt an "ambiguous" attitude to religion. In fact I suspect such an attitude  is more common than the wholehearted, unquestioning embrace of any religious belief system. There is no evidence that having a settled view on religion is in any way necessary for functioning in society.

In fact, I would argue the contrary: a degree of sympathetic detachment on the subject of religion helps a person socially. 

One might say that many of us remain in a quantum state of uncertainty, both believing and not believing.

One might say that many of us remain in a quantum state of uncertainty, both believing and not believing.

That produces the skeptic.  :censored:

People adopt beliefs to help them function, but what happens if all people stop all beliefs?

Then people stop thinking.... that implies that the wave-function of the individual gravitates to the more macabre option..... :irked:  :irked:

That produces the skeptic.  :censored:

Then people stop thinking.... that implies that the wave-function of the individual gravitates to the more macabre option..... :irked:  :irked:

I think it would be good to stop misusing quantum theory terminology. Bandying about terms like "wave function" in a context such as this is just quantum woo, really.