Science Forums

The Debate On Interpretation Versus Interpolation

NotBrad

There's so many issues I have right now.

Interpolation will always be used. If I have a bullet, I'll be using interpolation to calculate it's trajectory. That's true for all projectiles. This same thing can be used for skills (interpretation and interpolation).

Interpolation also won't help brain damaged people. Interpolation needs data to start from and you, @NotBrad, described a lack of activity. Lack of activity means no data.

It also doesn't help with new bodies. There would need to be a conversion system no matter what, as the brain is used to our current bodies. It will be awkward no matter what.

Interpolation would be disorienting as the computer will not predict your neuron patterns 100% correctly. That's why interpretation should be the focus. It would require more power yet the whole idea of a VR system will require more power.

Also, you listed some things for both issues and said some properties would help and harm the argument. I recommend fixing that ;)

--@Kayaba

~snip~

Also, you listed some things for both issues and said some properties would help and harm the argument. I recommend fixing that ;)

--@Kayaba

If I am no mistaken on what you are referencing, what appears to be mistakes was actually deliberate. Some effects that are negative in one respect will be positive in another, for example; large engines generally provide more power than small engines, but the smaller engines tend to be more efficient.

Edited by NotBrad

You said both could be disorientating (I personally don't understand how interpretation would be unless the resolution was off). You also stated both would allow disabled people to play that were "handicapped due to brain damage". Yet then you said interpolation would allow neurologically disabled people, while interpretation would allow physically disabled people (with the same reason). This could make sense yet there is no clarification for the specifics of the brain damage, just the same general arc, so it doesn't to me.

I don't mean to criticize. Just to establish the facts so our communication is clear. The things I said above are my reference points, not your statement about engines. That part was clear :D

--@Kayaba